The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Yeah Game 7s are rough for teams.

I did the work on how teams perform in Game 1 after a 7 game series and it's not good.

Updated numbers after tonight:

Teams who come off a 7 game series are 33-52 (38.8%) in Game 1 of the following series since 1988

Teams that win Game 7 are still 36-48 (42.8%) straight up in the following series all together.

Good info

:ohhh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i mean its jordan poole

awareness of a skunk crossing a busy highway

commentators brought up an interesting point about him probably anticipating getting fouled too early…he did that yesterday too on a play but got lucky it went in bcuz they did NOT call the foul so it would’ve been a completely errant shot…but he was taking some ridiculous 3s yesterday that are just well outside his range and bricking em smh

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Alright thats one

Can’t get cocky. Can’t rest on their laurels. Can’t take a quarter off

If i’m Darvin Ham, AD, and Lebron; i’m taking EVERY game as a must win. The Lakers entire mindset needs to be to sweep this series and get these muthafukkas outta here as swiftly as humanly possible.

You do NOT want to give Curry or Thompson any wiggle room whatsoever. People keep saying Thompson is washed, ya’ll are underestimating a shooter’s ability to have that ONE night that changes a series around.

Davis is phenomenal. The team goes as far as he goes for the rest of the playoffs. THIS is the true passing of the torch moment because for the first time, its obvious that time has taken its toll on the legendary Lebron James. Going for that scoring record this season took something out of him that I don’t think he’s going to get back. He’ll be consistent but I think he’s transferring into his “2001 Era Karl Malone” phase, still great but no longer the difference maker.

Nobody should want to extend this playoff more than Austin Reaves. The deeper they go the longer the zeroes get on the contract he signs this summer

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The bold is certainly something that is a thorn in their side.

The rest, well, GS will work it out. How many years now have y'all doubted this team when you perceive they have no chance of winning? Y'all keep making the same mistakes of thinking that because one thing happened during one game that therefore means it's going to be the same from this point forward.

Don't get it twisted - this series is going to be a battle for both teams.

The Grizzlies managed to take two games off the Lakers, but you seem to think that GS are a worse team?
It’s a battle but barring an AD injury I don’t see Steve Kerr and a team that has to rely on Jordan Poole to just figure it out in the next 5-6 games. I didn’t expect the warriors to win game one anyway but the way the lakers defense bullied them at times and the way they draw fouls makes this into a slog and we still haven’t see a Lebron explosion game which will happen game 3-4

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Why would he do that when Steph is younger, playing more like a star, and has at least as large if not larger fan base?

If the league was trying to fix shyt for the Lakers, they wouldn't have made all those crazy non-calls at the end of games and weak AD fouls on threes that damn near kept there Lakers out of the playoffs completely.

Y'all come up with the dumbest narratives.
I hate that weak ass take, you can tell who actually watches the games and who just follows on social media. People straight up show they don’t know what they are talking about when they are constantly giving credit to officials or the league

The nba let the boring ass pistons and spurs play on the finals like 3 straight years.

The league is set up for teams like GS to thrive, they don’t need to intervene during the games to get them or anyone else to the finals.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Each game this series will be won by the team that wants and needs it more.

Lakers needed game 1 more yesterday. Warriors need game 2 more now (and they'll win).

Game 3 will be a coin toss. Then one team might go down 3-1, or not. Either way, it's and so on, until game 7 on Sunday the 14th.

Then all bets are off. It'll be a GOAT vs GOAT showdown. Breaking all-time TV ratings records.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
They were making steph actually have to take the ball the length of the court…then have to run a pick n roll action just to get a good shot off. That’s horrible for him in the long run…he doesn’t play like that.

That’s some exquisite defense by
Vando….

Warriors really don't have someone else that can share those duties, they had Poole taking the ball up court looking like he can turn it over at any second :laff:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
can we PLEASE have jaylen? PLEASE :sadcam:
weakweakweak-weak.gif

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Rest or no rest, the Warriors should not have lost that game.

This Lakers team can easily sleepwalk to the finals because of shythead Ja Morant and a lazy Warriors team

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Poole a good shooter, but he try to be curry too much and take reckless shots. He need more Klay in his game. Like he really don’t get that for Curry taking a shot all the way back there sometimes is even more comfortable than taking one closer to the three point line, because literally where he is on the floor does not matter. Spacing is all that matters to him.. He just tries to get spacing from the defender. It’s like Poole doesn’t get that sometimes . Like that’s not what works for you. Meaning that’s not the sole factor that matters for you to make the shot. In the same way that Klay feels extremely comfortable shooting from where he shot last night on the potential game winner but won’t really shoot further back than that because he wants to take shots where he has a higher percentage of shooting. Unlike Curry , his main focus isn’t spacing , it’s picking and getting in his spots, even though of course he still has the confidence that he can shoot from anywhere and fully capable of it. Poole doesn’t understand that either. He literally chucks up shots from Curry range, even though I know it wasn’t too far back, Klay could make or miss that shot and nobody would say it was a bad shot because that’s within his range, but Klay is going to step into that shot to Give himself the best chance of making it because that defender didn’t have time to close in fast enough. Then He will either shoot it straight up, or pump fake if he feels the defender is closing in too fast and shoot once they fall for the fake (which is a strong part of his game and they usually always do). And we talking the second best shooter of all time who can make any shot from half court as well. If you can’t shoot as good as Klay or Steph, why are you not stepping into your shots. That’s why he is a streaky shooter a lot. I know he was on fire at one point too, I’m just saying I bet Curry and Thompson were thinking that same thing.

And again I know he is fully capable of shooting from back there. 100% That’s not even far to him. It’s just that it was not necessary . Be more like Klay. You not Curry

Last edited: