The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
That's fair, I love both shows myself.

Im just not a fan of the Deon Cole for Wanda Sykes trade off. She is the least funniest person on that show to me....

And just like Blackish, Carmichael Show is really finding it's stride in their 2nd season. They have been 4 for 4 so far this season

Hopefully the show picks up steam and and we can get more seasons... So far great reviews and ratings

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's fair, I love both shows myself.

Im just not a fan of the Deon Cole for Wanda Sykes trade off. She is the least funniest person on that show to me....

And just like Blackish, Carmichael Show is really finding it's stride in their 2nd season. They have been 4 for 4 so far this season

They're getting rid of Wanda if I'm not mistaken.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jerrod is the least engaging and entertaining of all the main characters of the show.. It's kinda like how Jerry was on Seinfeld, where the other characters had all of the classic lines and basically took over the show... His millennial, snarky "know it allness" can be kind of grating...Its like he's giving out lectures instead of "jokes"...

Still a decent show...The dad and brother are funny...

as i wqtch the show i find myself thinking "If they could just replace Carmichael:banderas:"....Show is still good with him though but could be great with somebody else.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Carmichael show looks like it might be here to stay :obama:
They're covering all relevant topics but still making it funny :whew:
Jerrod's girl is :noah:

I hope it is here to stay. The fact that it made it to Season 2 says a lot (most NBC shows don't make it past 10 eps)

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope it is here to stay. The fact that it made it to Season 2 says a lot (most NBC shows don't make it past 10 eps)
Yeah I hate how NBC is ran because they rarely give anything a chance. NBC actually had canceled Carmichael show but brought it back after fans and media ranted about it :leon:

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Last night's episode was great..... This show is killing it so far this season. I love how they touch on these controversial topics but still make it funny

I'm starting to think

Carmichael Show > Blackish

Especially now that Deon Cole isn't on Blackish anymore

I love the show, but it's not there yet. Deon leaving was a major blow, but Jerrod is currently the weakest link and isn't better than the 3rd string Blackish characters.

I'm rooting for it though and will continue to watch because it has potential to be something special with DAG, Rell and Tiffany holding it down every episode.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
as i wqtch the show i find myself thinking "If they could just replace Carmichael:banderas:"....Show is still good with him though but could be great with somebody else.

i'm just starting to watch this show and this is the first thing I thought of...seems like he doesn't belong there at all, totally miscast. Seems to be legit overall, tho. He's kinda weird looking, too...does he have some kind of condition?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm just starting to watch this show and this is the first thing I thought of...seems like he doesn't belong there at all, totally miscast. Seems to be legit overall, tho. He's kinda weird looking, too...does he have some kind of condition?
Nah he's just kinda awkward and he's a comedian not an actor he's said that. But it's his show so if anyone was going to play Jerrod it might as well be Jerrod

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Really enjoy the show but yeah Jerrod's delivery and acting ability is very weak. He comes off like he has an agenda instead of just being funny. I like different perspectives but he comes off like he's stating his point of view as if it's an unarguable fact and does it in a not funny but more of a "I'm smarter than you" way. Which is fine if you're funny, it comes off bad when it's not. Be funny first should always be the first rule. With that said, the supporting cast is hilarious, which helps a lot. And the topics are great that they discuss.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Really enjoy the show but yeah Jerrod's delivery and acting ability is very weak. He comes off like he has an agenda instead of just being funny. I like different perspectives but he comes off like he's stating his point of view as if it's an unarguable fact and does it in a not funny but more of a "I'm smarter than you" way. Which is fine if you're funny, it comes off bad when it's not. Be funny first should always be the first rule. With that said, the supporting cast is hilarious, which helps a lot. And the topics are great that they discuss.

Agreed, he comes off really preachy in this. Show is very good though. Bobby finally won :wow: