The Carmichael Show - Jerrod Carmichael's NBC Sitcom CANCELLED after 3 Seasons - JERROD WALKS AWAY

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Jerrod is the least engaging and entertaining of all the main characters of the show.. It's kinda like how Jerry was on Seinfeld, where the other characters had all of the classic lines and basically took over the show... His millennial, snarky "know it allness" can be kind of grating...Its like he's giving out lectures instead of "jokes"...

Still a decent show...The dad and brother are funny...

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jerrod is the least engaging and entertaining of all the main characters of the show.. It's kinda like how Jerry was on Seinfeld, where the other characters had all of the classic lines and basically took over the show... His millennial, snarky "know it allness" can be kind of grating...Its like he's giving out lectures instead of "jokes"...

Still a decent show...The dad and brother are funny...

I think that Jerrod is a classic example of the power of delivery. He is so dry...and not funny dry. He's not a natural actor like Eddie or Martin or Bernie etc. Based off of watching this show and some of his standup he seems kinda like a guy that would have been better suited being a writer more so than a comedian/actor. That said, I love the show. I enjoy the different perspective he provides and I think the rest of the cast does a really good job at "hiding him on defense".

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I think that Jerrod is a classic example of the power of delivery. He is so dry...and not funny dry. He's not a natural actor like Eddie or Martin or Bernie etc. Based off of watching this show and some of his standup he seems kinda like a guy that would have been better suited being a writer more so than a comedian/actor. That said, I love the show. I enjoy the different perspective he provides and I think the rest of the cast does a really good job at "hiding him on defense".
Well said

:ehh:

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
The cast on The Steve Harvey show :salute:

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Last night's episode was great..... This show is killing it so far this season. I love how they touch on these controversial topics but still make it funny

I'm starting to think

Carmichael Show > Blackish

Especially now that Deon Cole isn't on Blackish anymore

It's good, but it's not better than blackish

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
It's good, but it's not better than blackish

That's fair, I love both shows myself.

Im just not a fan of the Deon Cole for Wanda Sykes trade off. She is the least funniest person on that show to me....

And just like Blackish, Carmichael Show is really finding it's stride in their 2nd season. They have been 4 for 4 so far this season