The Canada discussion thread

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
there are Canadians that are just as racist as some Americans cuz racism is everywhere

but overall, come on now, the Canadian school system damn near brainwashes Canadian children on multi-culturalism, equality n shyt

I've met plenty of people who's parents were racist as fukk but the kids aren't at all cuz they grew up here

Like i said racism is everywhere, but where else is it less than in Canada?

locoloco87

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there are Canadians that are just as racist as some Americans cuz racism is everywhere

but overall, come on now, the Canadian school system damn near brainwashes Canadian children on multi-culturalism, equality n shyt

I've met plenty of people who's parents were racist as fukk but the kids aren't at all
cuz they grew up here

Like i said racism is everywhere, but where else is it less than in Canada?

same shyt as in the states

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Fixed.

It's a different kind of racism. States is more overt. I don't get how some black folk try so hard to downplay the shyt here. It's not a knock against the city...it just is what it is.

ive never experienced racism so i guess im somewhat bias :manny:, and i even played hockey in hick azz towns travelling in ford windstars with a bunch of cacs

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
ive never experienced racism so i guess im somewhat bias :manny:, and i even played hockey in hick azz towns travelling in ford windstars with a bunch of cacs
Wow, really? You've never had an opponent make a slur at you.

I played hockey too as a kid and sometimes experienced racism whenever we went to French hick town north of Montreal.

Daps

as someone who's from down south and lives up here..the exact same way the qaqs here hide their racism is the same way the ones in the South hide their racism..

the only difference is up here they don't have a history of institutionalized jim crow from pre-1960s..but underneath what you think is naivete towards your inner city ways and black skin, is a racism, non-malicious as it may be at times, that tints their perspective of us...

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canada is actually getting more racist and xenophobic before not the opposite. Just read the comments for any article in any city newspaper relating to anyone remotely not white. Also numbers don't lie. There's still disparities in both pay and employment of what are called visible minorities in Canada and white people.

That whole racism is everywhere thing is used for people to bury their hands in the sand and buy into the myth that Canada transcends all that. Look at the massive disparity between Canadian population at large and federal mps. Don't reflect Canadian society at all or trends with its population.

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Canada is actually getting more racist and xenophobic before not the opposite. Just read the comments for any article in any city newspaper relating to anyone remotely not white. Also numbers don't lie. There's still disparities in both pay and employment of what are called visible minorities in Canada and white people.

That whole racism is everywhere thing is used for people to bury their hands in the sand and buy into the myth that Canada transcends all that. Look at the massive disparity between Canadian population at large and federal mps. Don't reflect Canadian society at all or trends with its population.

U mite b rite... But ur judging from comments online, r u serious breh? Look at any video on YouTube and tell me how the comments reflect on that segment of the population lmao this is the internet, the majority is quiet while a few make alotta noise

I dont buy in or care about any Canadian myth cuz i wasnt born here. All I'm sayin is where on earth is it less racist?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem in Canada is more soft racism or the racism of low expectations, not institutionalized (excepting the Indian Act) racism.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
In downtown Toronto for the first time in like a year to meet my sister and it's wack

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk breh