The Canada discussion thread

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So I've never been to Canada, but I received a job offer to work in Alberta. Fort McMurray to be exact. It was an offer I can't turn down, the pay is just :wow: It's on a 20/8 schedule (I'd be working 20 days straight and then they'd pay for my flight home for 8 days then pay for my flight back). They're also covering room and board. Anyway, how is Alberta? I hear that it's rough there by Canadian standards.

Its an oil town... in the middle of nowhere and compares nothing to the rest of Canada really. Its a rough place to live but if your grind is right u can make tons of money. Nothing to do but drink and drugs out there and barely any women period... the pay is amazing because of the shytty conditions you endure.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I've never been to Canada, but I received a job offer to work in Alberta. Fort McMurray to be exact. It was an offer I can't turn down, the pay is just :wow: It's on a 20/8 schedule (I'd be working 20 days straight and then they'd pay for my flight home for 8 days then pay for my flight back). They're also covering room and board. Anyway, how is Alberta? I hear that it's rough there by Canadian standards.

That's an oil rig job. Ranked #1 as the most dangerous job in the world.....

That's why they pay good, the conditions are harsh, and the towns are boring.

Good Luck, Chump........:steviej:

ridge

Daps
300 with who ? West Jet and a bunch of sites got flights for 180-190...

Why would you even fly from Ottawa....Via ? Bus ?

that was with westjet and air canada...porter was 340

in the end i got a flight for 72 dollars due to my homie having aeroplan points :lawd:

shouts to the bars in toronto serving til 4am this past weekend :win:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah dangerous job, enjoy long ass hours in the freezing cold where your life can end any day.

The town sucks everything is expensive but the money is good

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

gonna be a cold winter:sadcam:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
That's an oil rig job. Ranked #1 as the most dangerous job in the world.....

That's why they pay good, the conditions are harsh, and the towns are boring.

Good Luck, Chump........:steviej:
Im a Civil Engineer so I wouldn't be doing any physical labor :umad:
Anyway, I'll probably take a 6 month contract and go from there. :manny: Having Suncor on my resume will have employers like :gladbron:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Marriage is declining in Canada according to the new census

SnowWhiteclaphandshappygif.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am from Calgary. Ft. Mac is a horrible place to be honest, but the money there is incredible. Living there is not a representation of Canada or Alberta. Do not get caught up in the party/social scene...work and leave. Hell, I would live in Calgary and just fly up to work.

Calgary is one of the best cities in the country, don't listen to the Toronto Nazi's that try to tell you differently.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I am from Calgary. Ft. Mac is a horrible place to be honest, but the money there is incredible. Living there is not a representation of Canada or Alberta. Do not get caught up in the party/social scene...work and leave. Hell, I would live in Calgary and just fly up to work.

Calgary is one of the best cities in the country, don't listen to the Toronto Nazi's that try to tell you differently.

what qualifications a nikka need to get one of them alberta oil jobs? :leon:

i've worked in the financial services industry my entire career :beli: