The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It’s basically a bet on a stock’s price that hedge funds have made in the form of options that pay out if the price is reached. So, right now, there are tens of millions of these in the 6-8 range, and hedge funds will be left holding the bag if they can’t drive the price down before today’s closing. If they don’t reach those prices, those options flood the market, creating a squeeze and driving the price up after those shares are forced to meet the ask of investors. This is just my layman’s understanding.

:yeshrug:

Didn't this happen last time?!?:what::dahell:

The Observer

All Star
Daps
I am a bot

If you actually read that article, you can tell it's just a tech startup trying to get exposure using the GME hype

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It’s basically a bet on a stock’s price that hedge funds have made in the form of options that pay out if the price is reached. So, right now, there are tens of millions of these in the 6-8 range, and hedge funds will be left holding the bag if they can’t drive the price down before today’s closing. If they don’t reach those prices, those options flood the market, creating a squeeze and driving the price up after those shares are forced to meet the ask of investors. This is just my layman’s understanding.

:yeshrug:
With major moves like this, creates volatile stock, and that means lots open interest, that is essentially the gamma squeeze.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Also look into entertainment companies. I have a few shares of Cesars and its done well since I bought in last year
I been watchin CZR. Bout to buy on the next dip. That shyts up big today
I shoulda been on this. Its def a company I believe in. Headed to Vegas right now and Planet Hollywood is my spot.