The Boys: Season 4 | Prime Video | *Assassination Run | Season Finale Out Now

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I took Sister Sage being elevated as a way to show a few things.

1. A racist like Homelander will elevate someone black to serve their own needs while still struggling to actually listen to their advice due to his own ego.
2. Kind of fukked up but took it also to show how the smartest person was willing to overlook and actually stoke the flames of racism for her own benefit.
3. This is even more of a reach but kind of a dig at the "intelligent" black women who will dumb themselves just to be up under a white man like she is with The Deep.
None of this is a reach and is exactly what it is

I asked earlier in the thread if nikkas really willing to have the Sister Sage convo :sas2:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Near the end of episode 3 :jbhmm:

During the Sage and The Deep scene, she was eating junk food and watching reality TV. Then they did a pan out with a metal rod with blood at the end on the table. Did she lobotomize herself just enough to make herself dumber?
So I was right :ehh: but I did watch that scene with my hand over Sage's face. I can handle a lot of gruesome scenes but I can't watch when it's anything about eyes. I'm good.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So I was right :ehh: but I did watch that scene with my hand over Sage's face. I can handle a lot of gruesome scenes but I can't watch when it's anything about eyes. I'm good.
I just turned my head the other direction while it was happening.

It’s funny too because I actually don’t have a problem with gay scenes being included at all. At the same time I ain’t trying to see that shyt so I was turning my head during them too.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I just turned my head the other direction while it was happening.

It’s funny too because I actually don’t have a problem with gay scenes being included at all. At the same time I ain’t trying to see that shyt so I was turning my head during them too.
Out of all the crazy stuff in this show. Stuff with the eyes got yall turning yall head and stuff? Starlight and the rest of the crew would be disappointed. :francis:
ZlbxFnR.gif

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

1. A racist like Homelander will elevate someone black to serve their own needs while still struggling to actually listen to their advice due to his own ego.
2. Kind of fukked up but took it also to show how the smartest person was willing to overlook and actually stoke the flames of racism for her own benefit.
3. This is even more of a reach but kind of a dig at the "intelligent" black women who will dumb themselves just to be up under a white man like she is with The Deep.

Hmmm. These are interesting points.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Sister Sage is an enigma. First of all, why is the smartest person in the world sharing their weakness? Second, why hasn't she developed something to prevent it?

I wanna see her powers when she's under attack from a supe tryna kill her-- but I suspect that the fight is already happening for her and she's just setting up the dominos. She should steal this season.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

"Sista BEDWENCH" :mjlol:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
None of this is a reach and is exactly what it is

I asked earlier in the thread if nikkas really willing to have the Sister Sage convo :sas2:

Exactly. All of that is exactly what her character is about.
That 'lobotomy scene was the nail in the coffin. Then you got SL's abortion doxxing
Come on. This should is full on leftist talking points. And I'm a moderate.