The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
both are based on true stories, and I dont think Solomon Northup laid down and he certainly was not portrayed too in that movie.

If you think that, then you are a fukkboy. End of discussion. shyt, if you think any slave "laid down" then you are a fukk boy.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

(Starts talking about the film at 1:12:00)

Facts. Black people still falling for old tricks and wonder why we are where we are. Breaks down why "Birth of a Nation" is better than "12 years a slave" and "Django". Also talks about the "White Savoir" Complex that has ruined Slavery flims. Tariq also went in on the double standards about Box Office with White Films. He went in on this show and exposed Hollywood's clear agenda against "Birth of a Nation".

Old tricks? The man raped a chick. It's literally right there in the case for all to see, his own damn words admitting that he fukked someone who was unconscious. You don't see why something that bad is causing people, specifically women, from staying away from seeing this movie?

There was a huge bidding war for this movie. It was supposed to be a BIG film. Not 12 Years A Slave big but still, it was going to do well.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
i give the movie an 8.5/10. considering the limited budget, this film was great. you can tell braveheart influenced nate a lot with the making of this film. it wasn't as violent as i expected(again, limited budget) as i would have prefered to see just a bit more violence:demonic:

now we need that hatian revolution film next:feedme:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Old tricks? The man raped a chick. It's literally right there in the case for all to see, his own damn words admitting that he fukked someone who was unconscious. You don't see why something that bad is causing people, specifically women, from staying away from seeing this movie?

There was a huge bidding war for this movie. It was supposed to be a BIG film. Not 12 Years A Slave big but still, it was going to do well.
Stop fuking lying....when you trolls cant prove your point next thing yall do is straight up lie

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It was supposed to be a BIG film. Not 12 Years A Slave big but still, it was going to do well.

Birth of a Nation actually had a better opening weekend than 12 years A Slave. 7.1 millions compared to 6.5 million.

Also, Birth of a Nation was cheaper to make than 12 Years A Slave. 10 million compared to 22 million.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where exactly does it say that?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Tariq Nasheed: "White Women have a long history of lying on Black Men. It's a White Supremacy Tradition"

220px-Rosewood_1997_poster.jpg

Tulsa-Race-Riot-Black-Wall-Street-in-flames-060121.jpg

EmmettTilllg1.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i give the movie an 8.5/10. considering the limited budget, this film was great. you can tell braveheart influenced nate a lot with the making of this film. it wasn't as violent as i expected(again, limited budget) as i would have prefered to see just a bit more violence:demonic:

now we need that hatian revolution film next:feedme:

Man if he had a 30-50 Million budget it would of been lit but that's why I respect the film even more, very Epic and 7-10 Million is a shoestring budget for Hollywood these days. Also only 60 people died in the rebellion, it's not like Braveheart where thousands died which is why Bravehart scale was bigger. Also the battle took place on Plantations, that's not a battlefield so I was cool with the scale of the Rebellion. Nate did hold back a little but I think that was more artistic than anything. They ain't ready for that Haiti Revolution, those brothas went in and actually won the entire country. Tariq said his next documentary is on that but I think it should be a motion picture.

San_Domingo.jpg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This movie needs to be supported. Stop supporting BS like Madea does... and watch this. And stop selling the narative that white america wants
The box office receipts for this sends a horrible message. Blacks are always bytching about c00n this and c00n that and there needs to be this and that made for the culture well now we get a slave movie (yes another one) that actually has a black protagonist/no white saviour and you let it flop? scust:martin: just goes to show all this talk of forming a Black Hollywood is foolhardy

Last edited: