The Birth of a Nation (Official Thread)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So is this guy saying Lupiton Nyong'o and Adepero Oduye are ugly or something? Because that whole section about rape and pointing out Gabrielle Union and Aja Naomi King's looks in connection to their characters being raped compared to the actresses in 12 Years A Slave made no sense at all.
Actually his entire review is so full of bitterness that has nothing to do with the actual film that he can't even hide it.
i usually dont read all them long drawn out ass movie reviews
but heres a clear case of someone going into some shyt determined to not like it from jump.
shyt made my head hurt.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So is this guy saying Lupiton Nyong'o and Adepero Oduye are ugly or something? Because that whole section about rape and pointing out Gabrielle Union and Aja Naomi King's looks in connection to their characters being raped compared to the actresses in 12 Years A Slave made no sense at all.
Actually his entire review is so full of bitterness that has nothing to do with the actual film that he can't even hide it.
i usually dont read all them long drawn out ass movie reviews
but heres a clear case of someone going into some shyt determined to not like it from jump.
shyt made my head hurt.

Yeah like I said before, all the negative reviews all seem petty & grasping at straws to be negative.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
c26cbbcfbfa26c68c939aa44a6368bc5.png

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For you younger brehs, the movie is called Birth of a Nation cause the original film titled Birth of a Nation is a 1915 black and white movie about how '******s' want to fukk all the white women and the able-bodied white males need to join the Ku Klux Klan to go kill them all.

Swear to god thats the plot.
The Birth of a Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So understand the level of the cacs you are dealing with.
Here's the original movie poster.

220px-Birth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg

100% on Rotten Tomatotes brehs :snoop:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I'm hearing no White people are shown getting killed in this film, only Black

If this is true this has me :patrice: and it also probably explains why it went over so well with White people at the film festivals.
:mjlol:

See what I'm sayin.. Like I said before I'm good on this.. How the fukk you gonna make this movie and not show white people gettin killed :what:

Then don't make the shyt at all then if they making you make it "easily digestable" for the masses..

fukkin watered down bullshyt

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
This shyt is mad depressing. Why aren't black women smart enough to see that this is a smear campaign against the guy since he's making a pro-black movie? Can't they see that? And wasn't Nate acquitted? Why are they calling him a rapist?
His case was from fukkin 2001 I mean cmon man..

fukkin dummies can't even see the Tricknology

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it at TIFF last weekend. It was good, not great. Lots of powerful and moving scenes, but also a bit forced and too on-the-nose at times. Definitely definitely worth a watch tho

I agree with the critique of Nat being a "perfect" character. No one is that perfect, and it makes the film's themes feel forced IMO when they really should speak for themselves

I hear you but actually I have no problem with that. Especially the track record with bios about black folks and they ISSUES.