The biggest damage Diddy did to hip hop was when....

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Because I was there, which is why I'm telling you how bogus this is.
Two things. I don’t believe you because you had to get pressed a second and third time to answer and it’s why you are in the minority in here…..Just like garbage hip-hop was in the minority when we had standards

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two things. I don’t believe you because you had to get pressed a second and third time to answer and it’s why you are in the minority in here…..Just like garbage hip-hop was in the minority when we had standards

I do not care that you don't believe me. You are words on a screen to me. You nor your opinion are as important as you want it to be, which is why this is all a thread to where you want your opinion validated as a fact instead of just standing onbyour opinion.

No, you are just mad that the Hip Hop you love is no longer dominant and hadn't been for some time.

NYC Rebel

Daps
lol you can tell this is an east coast oriented forum. That term was popularized way before Diddy.
My Lord, some of you guys can’t read. I’m talking about an East Coast producer who co-opted a term that was coined elsewhere. My Lord.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I do not care that you don't believe me. You are words on a screen to me. You nor your opinion are as important as you want it to be, which is why this is all a thread to where you want your opinion validated as a fact instead of just standing onbyour opinion.

No, you are just mad that the Hip Hop you love is no longer dominant and hadn't been for some time.
You weren’t around and 97, and you likely wasn’t old enough. Are you even black?

NYC Rebel

Daps
And here we go. Just because we don't agree, you first question my age now my race?

Are you black? Many in here seem to have lived through that experience because it was a part of the black experience. I don’t think you’re black because the lived in experience we had is coming off very foreign to you

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Yup. I forget what book of the Bible it was, but I was reading in it the other day where one of the apostles said to Thomas, and I quote: "Man, you are bugging. You're just hating on Jesus because he is the son of the Lord. Don't doubt or hate Jesus, hate the game."

Pretty much.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
No.

Diddy misappropriated the term using grief from big.

the term was originally Playa hating and puff misappropriated the term. shortening playahatin in to hatin.

Which like the threadstarter said.

Made it so culturally hiphop.
had no protection mechanism from wackness.

Leading exactly.
as to why things were the way they are now.

Art Barr

I hear you.

I did even further research.

Turns out "you're a hater" directly was used in this 1991 Cypress Hill track. It's wild because the way B Real says it sounds very modern!

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess all these years I thought Mims was trash I was being elitist.

Don't play dumb. There's one thing in thinking he's trash and there's another to make it seem like that opinion is the only one that matters and that anyone who feels different is wrong and has poor taste.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Don't play dumb. There's one thing in thinking he's trash and there's another to make it seem like that opinion is the only one that matters…
Non-black guy in his feelings acting as if “only one matters” was said by someone other than him.

Hip hop was better when Black people were gatekeepers of their own culture.