Essential The Big Thread of Black Excellence

mrjoncampbell

mrjoncampbell
Daps
Reppin
London
maurice_bishop.png

Maurice Bishop-- Grenada

Maurice Rupert Bishop (29 May 1944 – 19 October 1983) was a Grenadian politician and revolutionary who seized power in a coup in 1979 from Eric Gairy and served as Prime Minister of the People's Revolutionary Government of Grenada until 1983, when he was overthrown in another coup by Bernard Coard, a member of his own government, and executed.

php5r1488.jpeg

Spin

All Star
Daps
Adam Clayton Powell JR

Passed more bills than any other congressman in history. What a speaker this man was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Former NBA Player Jamal Mashburn Moves Into The Hospitality Industry

Since his retirement he’s become an equally prolific entrepreneur, currently holding ownership of 38 Outback Steakhouse restaurants, 23 Papa John’s Pizza Restaurants, car dealerships and even racing horses.

Today, his company Mashburn Enterprises LLC, in partnership with the investment firm Dema Holdings of Miami Beach, Fl, announced it has acquired a stake in the privately held FairBridge Hotel International (FHI), a hospitality services firm based in Spokane, Washington. Mashburn was named to the FHI Board of Directors and will also serve as the Board’s senior investment advisor beginning February 4, 2013.

:salute:

mrjoncampbell

mrjoncampbell
Daps
Reppin
London
Haile Selassie I (23 July 1892 – 27 August 1975)

On November 2nd, 1930 the coronation of Emperor Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen ushered in a new wave of pride in the black diaspora.

Selassie__Halie.jpg

Haile Selasssie addressing The League of Nations

H.I.M.-Haile-Selassie-I-Lion4.jpg

220px-Selassie_restored.jpg

Corbis-BE053532.jpg

Selassie-and-Kennedy-1963_001.jpg

haile-selassie-time2.jpg

On the cover of TIME Magazine November 3rd 1930

HaileSelassie_I_University_5780997.jpg

The Emperor with students of Haile Selassie University, Addis Abeba

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyyLOgs190Y&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyyLOgs190Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Haile Selassie I, born Tafari Makonnen Woldemikael, was Ethiopia's regent from 1916 to 1930 and Emperor of Ethiopia from 1930 to 1974. He was the heir to a dynasty that traced its origins by tradition from King Solomon and Queen Makeda, Empress of Axum, known in the Abrahamic tradition as the Queen of Sheba. Haile Selassie is a defining figure in both Ethiopian and African history.

upthere

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
^
:obama:

Alvin Drew (The last black person aboard the space shuttle before it was decommissioned).

MmNZb.jpg

Fjekg.jpg

One thing that bothers me...we actually have a nice little history of black astronauts, and I fear that the switch towards privatized space flight is pretty much going to kill that. Can you imagine a Donald Trump type mutha fukka giving a black the keys to his vehicle? Say what you want about NASA, at least they gave some opportunities.

Imagine if some Black African countries got into this....:wow:

This is kinda a funny story, but I remember back in highschool, some cac was trying to give me a (pretty backhanded) compliment on my intelligence (On some, "wow, you're smart for a negro" type shyt). He told me that I could be the first black dude in space, sorta half joking or whatever, but I hit him with the :childplease: KNOW OUR HISTORY....:pacspit:

African Nations Look to Build a Space Industry - WSJ.com

soon:myman:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
03-078a.jpg

03-078b.jpg

aafirsts_sport_fritz_pollard_sized.jpg

49299583_132897639953.jpg

Fritz Pollard (1 of the first Black football players in 1920, and the 1st Black NFL head coach)

Marciano

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eddie-C.-Brown.jpg

I'm in the insurance & investment field, so I gotta post about the great Eddie Brown

Born to a 13-year-old young girl & growing up under the Jim Crow era, he's definitely a good rag to riches story. Couple of gems from his Wikipedia page, I'm going to cop his book soon too.

Renowned for his stock-picking acumen, Brown is the founder and president of Brown Capital Management, a Baltimore-based firm that’s amassed more than $6 billion under management since it opened for business in 1983

Brown and his wife, Sylvia, have faithfully backed causes that improve inner-city Baltimore paradigms, usually through an association with health care, education or the arts. The Browns’ contributions are typically funneled through the Eddie C. and C. Sylvia Brown Family Foundation. One beneficiary has been the Turning the Corner Achievement Program (TCAP), which focuses on attaining improved educational and social outcomes for inner-city Baltimore youths. The Browns’ foundation has committed $5 million to TCAP since 2002

:salute: