the big bang theory is the most swagless show in the history of modern television

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I don't think Family Guy has any room to make fun of another show's style of humor. That is literally the worst "comedy" program ever.

The whole without laugh track thing brings up a valid point with Big Bang, but I still enjoy it. It isn't gut-bustingly hilarious, but it does have funny moments. Even I as a fan will admit though, it's not smart humor and it definitely doesn't have creative writing. One thing that always bothered me about the show was how Raj would whisper into Howard's ear and then Howard would repeat it back so the audience knew what he just said. No one ever repeats back what a person just said to them. Maybe I'm over-thinking shyt here.
how else can Raj be "heard" in a room with a female in it? its not like he whispers to him when they're alone

Darth

sith swag.
Daps
One thing that always bothered me about the show was how Raj would whisper into Howard's ear and then Howard would repeat it back so the audience knew what he just said. No one ever repeats back what a person just said to them. Maybe I'm over-thinking shyt here.
raj has a phobia about talking in front of females. he does it when intoxicated only, so he always has howard relay the pssst.

the writing never goes beyond a clever jab here and there. it isn't necessarily intelligent at all, but there's only a couple of traditional sitcoms that actually are.

still, big bang theory is > a whole lotta sh!t.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Never saw an episode until this chick i used to kick it with tried to put me on...30 minutes of my life i will never get back...and I'm still mad. Just goes to show you the power of marketing and advertisement cause cacs swear by this shyt

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
My parents love this sh*t, they like to hear the shout out and references to all my super hero sh*t from growing up too

but yeah i'm white so, whatever

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cosign.
I don't get why people think this show is smart comedy.
I get all the jokes they're just average as fuk while trying to come across as intellectual.

No, you definitely don't get all the jokes.

That's not a knock, btw. It's just that nobody gets *all* the jokes.

But as someone who is an engineer, and knows dudes like this and lived a lifestyle similar to this for a few years in college, I can definitely say you don't get all the jokes.

Hint: Not all the jokes end with a laugh track.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:duck:

And I think calling the show "smart humor" is a bit disingenuous. The writing isn't smart--it just throws some math and science references at you.

Yeah I haven't seen the shown but from what I've heard that's what I figure. And seeing that it's a CBS sitcom that is what I would expect.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Smart Humor goes WAY over the head of a lot of nikkas who don't know they are too dumb to get the jokes.

That's the thing, there's nothing "smart" about this show. The writers definitely aren't "smart" & don't even know anything they write about. This is what I wrote in another BBT thread

The Big Bang Theory - No Laughter - YouTube

So Mario 64 is "old school" now :usure: Since when did it need a memory card? :childplease: Three controllers??? :merchant: The writers don't know shyt. It's very insulting, yes I'm :mad:

You can't honestly say that they're "smart" now, can you?

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smart Humor goes WAY over the head of a lot of nikkas who don't know they are too dumb to get the jokes.

:leostare:

I think this youtube comment was left for you

Originally posted by SOME YOUTUBE nikka

Have the creators of the show ever thought what would happen if a smart person (doctor, physicist) ever watched this show? Everytime Sheldon says something very scientific, everyone laughs because no other character in the show understands him. A physicist would not only get the joke and not laugh but also find it insulting. This show's success depends on your stupidity. If you want to feel smart, read a book or watch Arrested Development for God's sake.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Never watched a single episode but the older white broads at the gig swear by this shyt like it's the greatest show of all time...dropping lil references and one liners from it like me and the homies do with the wire and shyt