The average wedding now costs 30,000

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
My husband and I got married by the JOP, which is what I wanted. We had a nice reception and an even better honeymoon. We could afford an expensive wedding, but I'm a thrifty muddafooka at heart LOL

Spending crazy money on a wedding is just illogical to me; I'd rather spend that on an addition to the house or save it for any kids we may have.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See my thing is, nowadays....how will I find one worthy of even being called a bride, much less a wedding/marriage....

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
30's absurd. can't be right.. i say 7k is average for the non wealthy.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
My cousin got a barebones wedding in a barely acceptable place (8' ceilings :scusthov:, and he's 6'5" :heh:) for like 100 people and still had to cough up $16K. Getting married at your church and having the reception at the house is lookin' better and better :wow:

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
My sister is getting married in a fukking castle in Ireland. A GODDAMNED CASTLE, BREHS!! :snoop: shyt is not cheap.

:manny: On the other side, It's an excuse to tour Europe after the wedding. :ahh:

Daps
Old films old weddings, new films new weddings. Actually I miss the old films with the old bra's. It looked like the girls were smuggling to pointy missiles across borders. Oh you're an innocent girl, I know. But you are dangerous too. Let that hair down and uncork those behemoths unto the world. When they do get revealed you confronted with two A-cup bee stings, as rolls upon rolls of toilet paper is peppered at your feet. The dream is better than the duped disgust of a reality. But one day, that bra will be taken off. In fact, it already has. And out popped two of the most giving creatures of God's creation. Many night I spent with my teeth rapped around that right nipple. There was a bar in the left, a righteous bar of fury. Subtle though. You'd barely know it was there. Must have hurt. A bytch bit my nipple once, softly. It still hurt. 36D that's ample for me.

:wow: we ain't worthy

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I was sitting with my main watching the Martin episode where Gina is trying to plan a wedding. And Martin was trippin that it was about to cost 20k,

I was like 20k is too much for a wedding, she turned around and looked at me like ":wtf: that's nothing, I hope you got a higher budget than that for our future wedding".

I just looked at her on some :mjpls:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
getting married in november this year :sadbron:

dont get me wrong i absolutely LOVE wifey and cannot wait to marry her. but making all these payments is killing me. we on course but a nikka eating peanut butter sandwiches for dinner most of the week.

reception hall - 15k (everything included; sit down dinner, open bar, decorations, 250 guests, champagne toast, and table cloths and all that shyt)

her dress - 1200

her ring - 2500

my band - 350

photographer/videographer/dj/limo - 4000

church ceremony - 200

retreat for church ceremony - 200(:comeon:)

honeymoon - all inclusive 1 week stay at punta cana, dr with flights - 2400

plus apartment - 2500.(lowballing it cause we already have the bare necessities in furniture ie bed, couch)

TOTAL - $28,350

luckily, her parents and my parents are helping out a little and her brother buying invitations, my aunt buying wedding favors, her aunt making the cake, my mother and godmother buying the flowers, and we have 250 guests. so hopefully we can get at least 10k in gift money. i hope :to:

But it has been her dream since she was a little girl and she deserves it and even tho shyt is killing my pockets, im very happy to give her her dream wedding.

but the practical side of me is crying :to:

:ohlawd: man if y'all get a divorce, you will definitely regret this if it hasn't been paid off by than.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm getting married in September, and her parents are paying for the venue and food. That came out to $11,000. Even with that help I'm still gonna be coming out of pocket about 5 or 6 grand. Sucks paying all that for one day, especially when we don't even own a house yet. But like others were saying, its all about the bride. It's her dream. I wanted to just go to Vegas and call it a day

Man the wedding needs to be about you AND her. You two should definitely agree if this is right thing to do before even owning a house or clearing any outstanding debt.

Couldn't be me brehs.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I was sitting with my main watching the Martin episode where Gina is trying to plan a wedding. And Martin was trippin that it was about to cost 20k,

I was like 20k is too much for a wedding, she turned around and looked at me like ":wtf: that's nothing, I hope you got a higher budget than that for our future wedding".

I just looked at her on some :mjpls:

They need to hire hustleman.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
My sister is getting married in a fukking castle in Ireland. A GODDAMNED CASTLE, BREHS!! :snoop: shyt is not cheap.

:manny: On the other side, It's an excuse to tour Europe after the wedding. :ahh:

:why:

Tell me that either her or the groom is Irish, Breh.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I think my husband I spent about $300.That was my dress, his suit, dresses for the kiddos, license and JOP, and a small dinner for 20 at my moms house afterwards.

It wasn't my dream wedding but I was happy in the end because our account was still fat.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think my husband I spent about $300.That was my dress, his suit, dresses for the kiddos, license and JOP, and a small dinner for 20 at my moms house afterwards.

It wasn't my dream wedding but I was happy in the end because our account was still fat.

:dwillhuh::lupe:

how does 300 dollars cover all that. parents probably paid more for a roundtrip ticket to attend the wedding and shyt