The average wedding now costs 30,000

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i don't get how this costs so much, all u do is the church and a ceremony/dinner party thing

how the fukk is that 30k?

renting a church for a few hours prob about 300bucks maybe more, you have to pay the pastor as well if hes not your pastor.

Limos
just did a quick google

Limousine Service FOR ONE Limo

Total Price
4 hours $ 554.68
6 hours $ 652.92
8 hours $ 807.76
10 hours $ 914.68
12 hours $ 1119.78

:playoffs:

wedding dress lets say 1000
tailored suit for wedding lets say like 3-400

wedding cake usualyl average price per slice is like 3 bucks say you have 150 people at your wedding :playoffs:

reception - banquet hall say like 700 bucks

then for food many places charge like 100 to even like 200 dollar a plate

say you have 150 people:playoffs:

photography

All day coverage
Two photographers
Everything on DVD
Price $2,500

dj could be like 500 bucks

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm getting married in September, and her parents are paying for the venue and food. That came out to $11,000. Even with that help I'm still gonna be coming out of pocket about 5 or 6 grand. Sucks paying all that for one day, especially when we don't even own a house yet. But like others were saying, its all about the bride. It's her dream. I wanted to just go to Vegas and call it a day

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
renting a church for a few hours prob about 300bucks maybe more, you have to pay the pastor as well if hes not your pastor.

Limos
just did a quick google

Limousine Service FOR ONE Limo

Total Price
4 hours $ 554.68
6 hours $ 652.92
8 hours $ 807.76
10 hours $ 914.68
12 hours $ 1119.78

:playoffs:

wedding dress lets say 1000
tailored suit for wedding lets say like 3-400

wedding cake usualyl average price per slice is like 3 bucks say you have 150 people at your wedding :playoffs:

reception - banquet hall say like 700 bucks

then for food many places charge like 100 to even like 200 dollar a plate

say you have 150 people:playoffs:

photography

All day coverage
Two photographers
Everything on DVD
Price $2,500

dj could be like 500 bucks

that's white people prices bruh. :lolbron:

shyt is more like 5-10 bux a plate for nikkaz, if that.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I'm getting married in September the wedding's looking to be about 13-15k total. I'm putting out around a couple grand myself but most of that I already got covered and I make good money so it ain't really much in the grand scheme of things....I said from day one ain't no wedding putting me anywhere near debt. All the expensive ideas got shut down with the quickness. 30k+ weddings are for dudes who let their girl walk over them I ain't having that shyt :manny:

asuram92

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Mac-Town, Ga
i guess no one will be eating, definitely no alcohol beverages or open bar, only small banquet hall and invitations, guests would probably have to stand up because you cant cover table or chair rentals, probably room for a tuxedo rental for 1 day and the 1k is done....realistically you dont need a wedding with a 1k budget....just get that ring and go to courthouse...

My wedding cost less than 2k, rings included

My wife had no interest in having a big blow out of a wedding, we both understood there was life after the wedding. We had the wedding on Christmas Eve( when we had all the fam in town), had it at my church(no cost), had a lady at the church do the spread(finger foods), had a homeboy do the cake, and only had 4 people in the wedding(me, wifey, flower bearer, minister). Didn't even have a honeymoon, went to Waffle House after and got it crackin like grown folks should :win:

That was 4 years ago

Now, I'm sitting in a 3000 square foot new construction house with every piece of furniture paid for, both cars paid for, all my student loans paid for, and my little man sitting here on the couch having a GREAT time watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

The Marriage is always more important than the Wedding brehs, the quicker you and your girl understand that, the better off y'all will be.

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you have decent family and friends you'll make double that back in wedding gifts/money

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My wedding cost less than 2k, rings included

My wife had no interest in having a big blow out of a wedding, we both understood there was life after the wedding. We had the wedding on Christmas Eve( when we had all the fam in town), had it at my church(no cost), had a lady at the church do the spread(finger foods), had a homeboy do the cake, and only had 4 people in the wedding(me, wifey, flower bearer, minister). Didn't even have a honeymoon, went to Waffle House after and got it crackin like grown folks should :win:

That was 4 years ago

Now, I'm sitting in a 3000 square foot new construction house with every piece of furniture paid for, both cars paid for, all my student loans paid for, and my little man sitting here on the couch having a GREAT time watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

The Marriage is always more important than the Wedding brehs, the quicker you and your girl understand that, the better off y'all will be.

Nothing wrong with that I am not knocking you, I only plan on doing it once so want a memorable experience, I am not saying that people have to splurge I was just letting him know what 1 k is going to get someone realistically

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
My home got done dirty. 28k wedding, Bahamas honeymoon..bytch filed for divorce less than a year because she missed hanging out with her friends. :what::

She attention whoring on FB as we post. Dude gonna file for bk. :whoo:

She was wife cute tho.

bk?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I'm getting married in September the wedding's looking to be about 13-15k total. I'm putting out around a couple grand myself but most of that I already got covered and I make good money so it ain't really much in the grand scheme of things....I said from day one ain't no wedding putting me anywhere near debt. All the expensive ideas got shut down with the quickness. 30k+ weddings are for dudes who let their girl walk over them I ain't having that shyt :manny:

I see you got a fat t!tty jiggling in that avi.

Are you really getting married? :obama3:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
For everyone saying that the wife's parents should pay... where are you meeting these women? :dwillhuh:

I'm not saying that it's impossible but none of my ex's or any chicks I've dated parents would have been able to contribute much to the wedding costs. I mostly date black and spanish girls but they're all educated and most come from families with either no money or okay money.

My ex of 7 years is getting her phd but her parents are retired and dont have money like that.

I'm like @Malta tho... there was no way I was going to foot the bill for her engagement ring, BOTH of our wedding bands, AND the wedding. And I loved the girl to death. But with those financials, I just couldn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator: