The average wedding now costs 30,000

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh::lupe:

how does 300 dollars cover all that. parents probably paid more for a roundtrip ticket to attend the wedding and shyt

Dress -$45 on sale at Macys
Suit -$90
Dresses for my two girls - $40ish at JC Penney
Flowers - $16 from the grocery store (I just cut and wrapped with ribbon)
License and Judge fee - $90
And the rest was dinner which was rotisserie chicken, roasted potatos and salad. My aunt did our cakes.

We did pay for his mom to fly in from Cali but even her ticket was discounted down to $119 each way for a 5day stay.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I'm getting married in September, and her parents are paying for the venue and food. That came out to $11,000. Even with that help I'm still gonna be coming out of pocket about 5 or 6 grand. Sucks paying all that for one day, especially when we don't even own a house yet. But like others were saying, its all about the bride. It's her dream. I wanted to just go to Vegas and call it a day

exactly...my game plan was the drive through elvis special in vegas $75 plus game chips and a free lunch OR JOP, city hall....in and out like a robbery...needless to say...her parents weren't letting it go down like that...

my biggest expense personally were the rings...which set me back a cool 15k for both plus some money for the honeymoon (just got back from Morocco today)...I still don't know where I got the money to pay for any of this...originally I was thinking I was gonna be 3k deep into it.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was sitting with my main watching the Martin episode where Gina is trying to plan a wedding. And Martin was trippin that it was about to cost 20k,

I was like 20k is too much for a wedding, she turned around and looked at me like ":wtf: that's nothing, I hope you got a higher budget than that for our future wedding".

I just looked at her on some :mjpls:

:dead: at "I hope YOU got a higher budget."

Women man.... the entitlement is sickening.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
My home got done dirty. 28k wedding, Bahamas honeymoon..bytch filed for divorce less than a year because she missed hanging out with her friends. :what::

She attention whoring on FB as we post. Dude gonna file for bk. :whoo:

She was wife cute tho.

NOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOooooo!!!!

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Best way to do it is destination wedding IMO. I did it in Jamiaca spent $25k including rings and honeymoon was right there. Best of all you will get people that really want to celebrate with you and not "plate lickers". The resort took care of everything so no stress for us. just hired an outside photographer. Open bar, no one worried about DUI, and you have a crew to vacation with :dj2:

That's still 25 thou-wow-wow :weirdo:

For a dope 7 days

My GF plans weddings as a side hustle. She can do some real nice looking shyt and the most it has ever come to was 15k. Actually the nicest one I've been to that she planned was 8k. So I already know when we tie the knot Our pockets aren't getting hit for 30k.
Oh, she bout to hustle alright.

She savin the last dance for you :troll:

The wedding is not even about the guy.:troll:
Fixed

Yea, then why even show up?
Men planning a wedding

City hall
Small gathering BBQ in the backyard of his parents house
Own car
Small guest list
Old suit he already has
One best man
Laptop hooked up to speakers
Friend with his DSLR taking pictures

Women planning a weddjng.
Enormous church
250 guest list
one of those big ass banquet halls with the chandeliers and marble floors.
150 bucks a plate
3 photographers
a videographer.
A wedding planner
stretched limos,
5 bridesmaids
hottest DJ in town playing musi
, a gift bag for every guest etc

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Reincar', you a fool, cuz that sounds about right

My wedding cost less than 2k, rings included

My wife had no interest in having a big blow out of a wedding, we both understood there was life after the wedding. We had the wedding on Christmas Eve( when we had all the fam in town), had it at my church(no cost), had a lady at the church do the spread(finger foods), had a homeboy do the cake, and only had 4 people in the wedding(me, wifey, flower bearer, minister). Didn't even have a honeymoon, went to Waffle House after and got it crackin like grown folks should :win:

That was 4 years ago

Now, I'm sitting in a 3000 square foot new construction house with every piece of furniture paid for, both cars paid for, all my student loans paid for, and my little man sitting here on the couch having a GREAT time watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

The Marriage is always more important than the Wedding brehs, the quicker you and your girl understand that, the better off y'all will be.
My man...

Got me plottin' :scheme:
But with those financials, I just couldn't do it.

Even if you do, that money could go to; emergency funds, expenses if ya'll lose a job, car repair

Like, all these cats talmbout parents rackin up money to pay for a party, but, anybody borrowing money to start a savings account? To buy a more reliable car? School for the kids?

Some of us sounding like money comes in everyday, like The Sims or something

See my thing is, nowadays....how will I find one worthy of even being called a bride, much less a wedding/marriage....
Everyone wants to be a bride (cake, diamond ring, pretty dress, attention, etc.), but, a wife...that's the thing.
I think my husband I spent about $300.That was my dress, his suit, dresses for the kiddos, license and JOP, and a small dinner for 20 at my moms house afterwards.

It wasn't my dream wedding but I was happy in the end because our account was still fat.

My future wife will regret I ever read this. I don't even want proof. :laugh:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dress -$45 on sale at Macys
Suit -$90
Dresses for my two girls - $40ish at JC Penney
Flowers - $16 from the grocery store (I just cut and wrapped with ribbon)
License and Judge fee - $90
And the rest was dinner which was rotisserie chicken, roasted potatos and salad. My aunt did our cakes.

We did pay for his mom to fly in from Cali but even her ticket was discounted down to $119 each way for a 5day stay.

I'm glad that worked for yall. Certainly wouldn't be how I would want it done.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:ohlawd: man if y'all get a divorce, you will definitely regret this if it hasn't been paid off by than.

lol nah i dont think so but if it doesnt work out with this one, ima just say fukkit and join the get married brehs movement and become a woman hater

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No wonder people rather have baby mammas and baby fathers. Weddings too expensive.