The Ascent (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Game Pass)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • game looks every bit as gorgeous on the PS5
  • character creation is still very barebones…was hoping they’d improve that
  • L2 brings up your weapon but don’t keep pressing it while shooting lmao…made that mistake last time too
  • dualsense functionality seems non-existent…no adaptive triggers…I’ll double-check the settings

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m underwhelmed by the dualsense feedback…shootouts are still fun tho…I had the luxury of playing it for free so based on that I didn’t mind paying $30 for it on the PS5…for those who are unsure maybe wait for it to hit $14.99-19.99 to give it a try…some aspects of the game can be overwhelming/confusing for the first time

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m underwhelmed by the dualsense feedback…shootouts are still fun tho…I had the luxury of playing it for free so based on that I didn’t mind paying $30 for it on the PS5…for those who are unsure maybe wait for it to hit $14.99-19.99 to give it a try…some aspects of the game can be overwhelming/confusing for the first time

I'm waiting for sale cause I wanna send my money $30 on Lost Judgement since it's $30 on sale..

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I forgot how challenging this game is in single player mode…needs a patch tho to clean up some minor things…nothing that impacts gameplay severely tho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m overpowered way too early in the game now that I know exactly which weapons and augmentations to fukk with from rip…as well as what skill areas I need to max out first lmao

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just copped last night for the ps5, the game is pretty dope especially for 30$:obama:

I only did the second mission and I’m level 7 my only complaint is the camera you should be able to move it or at least pan out but that’s a minor gripe

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
completed all the main missions…the shooting is fun as hell but everything else was boring the 2nd time around…paid zero attention to the story since I remembered the gist of it…contemplating doing the side missions which I didn’t touch…I remember some being challenging and others just being busy work…it was easy to navigate shyt since I played it before but I can imagine how confusing the map is for first time players and not being able to set waypoints is still annoying…I’m giving it a 7 on my second playthrough…on my first playthrough I would’ve given it an 8.5 maybe…just saw an old post of mine and will probably skip the side missions…not worth it just for one trophy

side missions were really trash…worst case of “go fetch” missions I’ve played in a minute…got the achievement but it wasn’t worth it tho…took the game down a notch for me imo…played 53 hours in total…pretty enjoyable game overall

*edit*

ok I actually did give it an 8.5 on my first playthrough

really enjoyed this shyt… 8.5/10

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about that. I was hoping they do a sequel.

maybe they can make the leap housemarque did with returnal…I know in hindsight everyone is acting like their past games were great but they dropped a lot of decent/ok games with returnal being their best effort…maybe neon giant can do the same…I would’ve at least liked to see a 3rd person game tho and not an FPS…if they can make shooting as fun tho as it was in the ascent then I’m in :yes: