The Ascent (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Game Pass)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
armor definitely makes a huge difference especially when you have to defend an area for a timed limit

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for those who have played this and returnal…which game do you think is more difficult?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
great fukking game…didn’t think I was gonna beat the last portion of this but damn :wow:

I have about 15-20 side missions left so I can explore the areas a little bit now

the street fights should still be competitive granted I’ve jumped up about 7 levels since I last encountered any gangs on the street

great game playing solo…can’t speak to the issues with co-op

I wish the main character had more of a personality or at least a voice lol

as beautiful a world as it is I wish they could’ve done more via story/dialogue to hook you into it

too much action for me to care about reading datapads and looking thru the codex to learn about the world

that being said the game had no pretenses about being straight action and that’s what it gives you

really enjoyed this shyt… 8.5/10

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
one complaint is that there are certain areas that are locked off until you’ve completed certain main/side missions…case in point I’m doing a side mission that requires me to go to 4 different areas…on the way to the 3rd area I can’t progress any further…so I googled it and found out I have to do a specific side mission to unlock the area…now if I didn’t google it I’d be stuck tryna figure out which one of the 20-24 side missions I would need to complete to unlock the area…this happened to me before during another side mission…a little but of a nuisance

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
one complaint is that there are certain areas that are locked off until you’ve completed certain main/side missions…case in point I’m doing a side mission that requires me to go to 4 different areas…on the way to the 3rd area I can’t progress any further…so I googled it and found out I have to do a specific side mission to unlock the area…now if I didn’t google it I’d be stuck tryna figure out which one of the 20-24 side missions I would need to complete to unlock the area…this happened to me before during another side mission…a little but of a nuisance
Map is retarded as fukk breh.

But in some ways endearing as complicated as it is, feels like a real world/city.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Map is retarded as fukk breh.

But in some ways endearing as complicated as it is, feels like a real world/city.

ya now that I have no main missions to guide me/lead the way I’m realizing even more how fukked up the map is if you try to explore on your own…ended up being glad to use the subway/taxi

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just going around accepting all the side missions so I have them readily available whenever I want to complete them and I’m still amazed that I’m finding new spots and places I didn’t peep before

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
This game would be great if it wasn't so buggy. Lately, with 4 people we haven't been able to do much of anything without the game crapping out. It has been damn near unplayable.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The cyberdeck. Ice upgrades might be one of the goofier game aspects

yeah there’s nothing to it other than to randomly collect/happen upon the 10 upgrades as you travel around…just picked up the 9th one…so I’m one away

getting used to the map too in conjunction with the subway/taxi system…new areas are opening up that I didn’t have access too…enemies are a joke now tho lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all side quests…24 technically but one mission has 4 additional parts so 28 in total…

All 40 Main & Side Missions List | The Ascent | GameClubz

…this confirms there are 28 total side missions but there seems to be a glitch where if you completed any of the side quests in co-op then it doesn’t count it…the link below shows a workaround that can “reset” your side quests for those who completed all 28 missions but didn’t unlock the achievement…

For both our benefits achievement in The Ascent

the side missions are kind of ass so far but there are some decent rewards in terms of weapons, augs, and tactical shyt…also it provides more opportunity for combat which is the most enjoyable part of the game…some enemies still provide a challenge when they have the numbers…completing the side missions have given me a better understanding of the map layout…I was relying to much on the red meter but now I have a better feel for the world and how to navigate the shyt…I’m mad it took me this long to realize the game is really just one giant apartment building :mjlol:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
side missions were really trash…worst case of “go fetch” missions I’ve played in a minute…got the achievement but it wasn’t worth it tho…took the game down a notch for me imo…played 53 hours in total…pretty enjoyable game overall