The Ascent (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Game Pass)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The main menu UI is straight GARBAGE in this game.
Tried about 4 or 5 times to launch a four player local co-op game and it either crashed, or didn’t allow me to select the proper file to launch the game.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The devs need to release a first person option update

I’d pay money for that

Thinking about the gameplay as a twin stick shooter the first person POV probably wouldn’t work that well cuz you’d be panning to the sides fast as shyt throughout every combat encounter. If I played how I do in 1st person I’d probably get dizzy enough to puke:mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn…busted my ass to complete the end of this recompile mission and I had to start over cuz the game wouldn’t let me do anything else

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the overwhelming odds this game throws at you at times :mjlol:

I’m super deep in the sewers (deepstink) and they are throwing hordes of those albino rat looking things with arms at me :mjlol:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Beat the game in 13.5 hours including most of the sidequests, enjoyed it :ehh:

Thought I had cleared all the sidequests but according to the achievement I'm only 92% complete :hhh: There's no more yellow markers on the map so idk lol, its probably a couple hidden inside an interior somewhere on the map smh.

The gunplay/gameplay is satisfying, they definitely spammed enemies towards the end but if you know how to switch between builds and make sure you're not underleveled for missions its pretty manageable.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thought I had cleared all the sidequests but according to the achievement I'm only 92% complete

ya there are like 20-24 side missions…some are inside of buildings as you suspected…how the hell did you beat the game in only 13.5 hours…did you use the fast travel system a lot? I’m probably closing in on about 30 hours now…I got 2 main missions left but only did 5 side quests…will do the rest when I beat the main game…will probably end up with 35-40 hours total…I’ve literally walked everywhere tho…used the subway system maybe twice…never used the taxi to travel

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
ya there are like 20-24 side missions…some are inside of buildings as you suspected…how the hell did you beat the game in only 13.5 hours…did you use the fast travel system a lot? I’m probably closing in on about 30 hours now…I got 2 main missions left but only did 5 side quests…will do the rest when I beat the main game…will probably end up with 35-40 hours total…I’ve literally walked everywhere tho…used the subway system maybe twice…never used the taxi to travel

The game had some type of fatal crash error on my 2nd to last boot-up so there's a chance the hours from that session weren't logged, somewhere between 13-18 is likely what it took me. I did use the subway frequently, I wished you could set waypoints on the map half the time because I'd have to constantly refer to the map to navigate back to the subway lol. After I stacked up some money I fast traveled most of the time.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Man... playing this solo is a no go on hard. Feels like the respawn is broken as fukk.

at least you have hard mode, the PC gamepass version doesn't come with a difficulty adjustment option :hhh: idk if i played on normal or hard. I'm assuming it was set to normal

PC gamepass be fukkin up though, MCC was literally unplayable for pretty much the entire first year of my subscription lol.