The Ascent (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Game Pass)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m in awe with how immense this game is…I went to go look for feral testicles (:dame: side mission)…then decided to look around and kill some more of these little b*stards after I collected the amount I needed and stumbled across a whole new area in the deepstink

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Thanks, breh. I needed to see the bolded. I played a few minutes of the first level a few days ago and shyt it off thinking maybe it was just a case of just not fukking with it. Helps to think that it might just be a case of a shytty opening level.
Luckily, it's only 5-10 minutes at most. It's boring and excessively long and boring. Then, it just opens up to the real game and it gets wild.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
every time I think I’m in love with a weapon or aug I find something new :wow:

HMG42 dominator + neutron beam :banderas:
Breh!

When I got my hands on that dominator:wow:

Still, there is so much to this game that I don't fukking understand. I still don't understand cyber deck. I don't really understand up grades and the armor/equipment stats don't make thar much fukking sense to me.

That kind of pisses me off.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@papa surf breh, I'm reading your posts.

You remind me of me... Like with hitman... Game might seem meh but if you give it a try and fall for it... You fall hard.
:russ:

I'm the same way. I have only been playing solo, though, so I know the game would be even more fun if I were online gaming like I used to be, to squad up.

I'm low key still obsessed with Outriders.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

man the game is just surprisingly great

I had no real expectations for it

I seen some earlier clips and was half-heartedly interested in giving it a try when it dropped

then I saw the MC reviews and said skip it

if it wasn’t for the comments in here, I would’ve passed on it

crazy shyt is I still feel like I’m early in the game

so I still haven’t really gotten into it yet

about to hit level 15 and have finally started to do some side missions

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s crazy how detailed the environments are in this game. It’s almost visually overwhelming in a good way. There is always something interesting or visually stimulating on the screen. Their art/graphics team did an amazing job.

lol…this probably the main comment that made me say fukk it lemme still give it a chance…accurate as hell…really is overwhelming how much detail was put into this game

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I be getting in a zone thinking I’m nice and then these bosses humble me…these 2 giant ass cyborg spiders wtf lmaooo :heh:

*edit*

must’ve been a glitch…it’s only one mechanical spider now lol

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
lol…this probably the main comment that made me say fukk it lemme still give it a chance…accurate as hell…really is overwhelming how much detail was put into this game
Yeah man damn the reviews. This game is special. Not perfect, but the stuff they got right is really good.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I be getting in a zone thinking I’m nice and then these bosses humble me…these 2 giant ass cyborg spiders wtf lmaooo :heh:

*edit*

Y’all was calling the game hard earlier and I was like :shaq2:

Now after the spider boss almost every fight is a challenge.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

*edit*

I’m fairly sure that boss is bugged. First time I fought it they actually spawned 4 at once and I got washed something crazy :merchant:

only took me 2 tries afterwards when there was only one tho :sas1:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all was calling the game hard earlier and I was like :shaq2:

Now after the spider boss almost every fight is a challenge.

Game ramps up pretty well. You can smash random thugs and gangs but when the elite gangs and Corp teams get involved, you feel the difference in the gameplay. Really makes you start using your augs and cover to even the odds.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game ramps up pretty well. You can smash random thugs and gangs but when the elite gangs and Corp teams get involved, you feel the difference in the gameplay. Really makes you start using your augs and cover to even the odds.

ya I had joined up with ycorp before I took a break but I get the sense things are gonna ramp up…those armed robots in the deepstink had me abusing cover tho lol…I wasn’t really using it prior to that