The Ascent Review 7/10 - IGN

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played an hour today on pc and this game is being harshly reviewed in my opinion. It punches way above its weight at $30.

But it's bs that Steam doesn't get Cross play with consoles. Hopefully, that can get patched in later...

Well above it’s weight class! People think I’m bullshytting but this game is probably a patch or two away from being a polished diamond. It’s a gem now but the navigation mixed with the wonky map is annoying.

I’ll put it like this, my girl has never played a shooter in her life, much less a twin-stick shooter, and she’s in love with this. She even likes getting lost because the game is so much damn fun to LOOK at.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Well above it’s weight class! People think I’m bullshytting but this game is probably a patch or two away from being a polished diamond. It’s a gem now but the navigation mixed with the wonky map is annoying.

I’ll put it like this, my girl has never played a shooter in her life, much less a twin-stick shooter, and she’s in love with this. She even likes getting lost because the game is so much damn fun to LOOK at.
When it drops you in the big open world. Just spent a good 30 minutes just being amazed by the graphics and accidentally walking into a side quest. I'm mad excited to play this through.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another mediocre piece of shyt game to add to the thousands of similar shyt games on Gamepass

bu bu bu the value :mjlol:

Lol there is no way you can call this game a piece of shyt if you’ve played it.

I got a PS5 and a Series X. I’ve straight up stated that my PS5 has my favorite games but there is no way you’ve played this and say it feels mediocre. :francis:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it drops you in the big open world. Just spent a good 30 minutes just being amazed by the graphics and accidentally walking into a side quest. I'm mad excited to play this through.

Honestly, one of the most beautiful worlds I’ve seen in a long time and I’ve just played Ratchet and Clank. The fact that it leveraged the claustrophobic and crowded feeling into the gameplay is a master stroke of design

It actually gives me Warhammer 40,000k vibes.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I paid $26 and this is a solid 8.5/10. 9/10 after bug fixes and hopefully they'll implement bot companion. The game just doesn't vibe the same in solo.