The Ascent Review 7/10 - IGN

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Lol there is no way you can call this game a piece of shyt if you’ve played it.

I got a PS5 and a Series X. I’ve straight up stated that my PS5 has my favorite games but there is no way you’ve played this and say it feels mediocre. :francis:
No he ain't played it

just got a whole bunch of nothing to say, thats all

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I think it shows promise. I was hoping it was a little more like Diablo, but with guns than it is. Also, it seems like the PC GamesPass release shipped with Xbox code and not PC code. DX12 & RT don't work and DLSS isn't even an option. :dwillhuh:

I'm going to holdoff on playing any further until they communicate that this is going to be fixed.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I feel like this will shine even more on the Steam deck. As a twin stick shooter its up their with Nier Automata
it will definitely be good with the thumbstick for movement and the trackpad for aiming

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most annoying thing about the game is the checkpoint system after you die. It makes you miss out on some really fun moments or some extra glitchy ones. :francis:

I got ganked by a grab squad with energy weapons and armor, on my way out of the morgue and ended up loading back in the Hub like a 100 feet away from the quest giver.

That was a cool sequence and I didn’t even get to fight my way out.

I also reloaded against the first mechanical spider-boss and when I reloaded the cutscene, it loaded 4 of the damn bosses at the same time :gucci:

I got swarmed with a hundred mini spiders and cooked by flame-throwers in 5 seconds before I could even comprehend what happened :russ:

Still my addiction game though :mjlit:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Most annoying thing about the game is the checkpoint system after you die. It makes you miss out on some really fun moments or some extra glitchy ones. :francis:

I got ganked by a grab squad with energy weapons and armor, on my way out of the morgue and ended up loading back in the Hub like a 100 feet away from the quest giver.

That was a cool sequence and I didn’t even get to fight my way out.

I also reloaded against the first mechanical spider-boss and when I reloaded the cutscene, it loaded 4 of the damn bosses at the same time :gucci:

I got swarmed with a hundred mini spiders and cooked by flame-throwers in 5 seconds before I could even comprehend what happened :russ:

Still my addiction game though :mjlit:
Death is weird. There’s seemingly no consequence and you respawn in a random place sometime further into the level that where you died :mindblown:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Death is weird. There’s seemingly no consequence and you respawn in a random place sometime further into the level that where you died :mindblown:

Yeah, you need consistency with your death and fail state mechanics, especially in a game like this. Sometimes, it’ll load you right before the encounter you died at but it can also send you way back to the begging or FURTHER into the mission.

This is one of those things that Roguelike Twin Shooters (Enter the Gungeon, Atomicrops, etc) understand and it’s doubly noticeable after playing Returnal which obviously now built around it.

It’s not even a big fix. Made checkpoints more apparent to the player and always reload back to them or make it cost something consistently.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
user reviews look very favorable 7.7 and the comments here from folks playing it have me amped…shyt is free for me anyway…why not try it