The "Arrow" Season 4 DISCUSSION Thread

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because studios think we're stupid and cant differentiate the 2.. part of the reason they put those stupid embargos on ... cant use him, cant use her , etc.. It made Batman a part timer in Justice League and its the ONLY reason superman beat Capt Marvel in JL.. but I guess the I quit ether speech was revenge enough

You see the uproar with Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin .. hell even Marvel and Fox had stan wars about quicksilver... Make it only one and nobody can fight over anything .. (but the problem is people will find something, suit color, actors skin tone, actors accent .. something)
That's stupid. If anything that's more publicity. It invites discussion thus promotion.

These execs man :francis:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just finished watching this latest episode. Right off the bat, I do not like the codename that Felicity got. "Overwatch"!?:dahell: Like, really?! Ugh. Then of course, Waller dying, which we all knew was going to happen. I don't know....this show is slowly losing it's spark. Definitely the DC cinematic universe is gutting this show's material. I think things will pick up in the later half as Merlyn will come into play and Nyssa will be raising hell.:obama:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
because studios think we're stupid and cant differentiate the 2.. part of the reason they put those stupid embargos on ... cant use him, cant use her , etc.. It made Batman a part timer in Justice League and its the ONLY reason superman beat Capt Marvel in JL.. but I guess the I quit ether speech was revenge enough

You see the uproar with Ezra Miller and Grant Gustin .. hell even Marvel and Fox had stan wars about quicksilver... Make it only one and nobody can fight over anything .. (but the problem is people will find something, suit color, actors skin tone, actors accent .. something)
That's funny cause I think the studios are stupid.... I still don't understand why they are so strict about exclusivity, when I heard them say batman and superman will never be used on tv I was like :wtb::what: why not... but whats even worse is all the side characters that cant be used, and what good reason was there to have a different flash in the JL movie, that is going to confuse people, shyt I am confused now... Do they not know people associate ole boy with wolverine, you cant just recast wolverine and without the flash and arrow show NO ONE would care about a suicide squad movie or even a justice league, so why try to act like the movie needs to stand on its own..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That's funny cause I think the studios are stupid.... I still don't understand why they are so strict about exclusivity, when I heard them say batman and superman will never be used on tv I was like :wtb::what: why not... but whats even worse is all the side characters that cant be used, and what good reason was there to have a different flash in the JL movie, that is going to confuse people, shyt I am confused now... Do they not know people associate ole boy with wolverine, you cant just recast wolverine and without the flash and arrow show NO ONE would care about a suicide squad movie or even a justice league, so why try to act like the movie needs to stand on its own..

Part of it is MONEY... if you love watching the TV show flash why would you pay to see a movie of flash .. why not continue watching TV.

If I'm getting advertising dollars from show A on TV why would I spend x million of dollars to make a movie of SHow A.. with no guarantee of a return on investment (example Green Lantern.. as much as us fan boys wanted GL nobody saw it .. I know it stunk but thats another story)

They fell BAtman and Superman need to bring in 350 million per installment .. cant get that kind of return on a TV show..

personally i think its stupid just like cancelling a show because the toys nobody knew existed were selling .. hint YJ

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Just finished watching this latest episode. Right off the bat, I do not like the codename that Felicity got. "Overwatch"!?:dahell: Like, really?! Ugh. Then of course, Waller dying, which we all knew was going to happen. I don't know....this show is slowly losing it's spark. Definitely the DC cinematic universe is gutting this show's material. I think things will pick up in the later half as Merlyn will come into play and Nyssa will be raising hell.:obama:
It's turned in to a typical cw show

I can't stand their standard shows

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Part of it is MONEY... if you love watching the TV show flash why would you pay to see a movie of flash .. why not continue watching TV.

If I'm getting advertising dollars from show A on TV why would I spend x million of dollars to make a movie of SHow A.. with no guarantee of a return on investment (example Green Lantern.. as much as us fan boys wanted GL nobody saw it .. I know it stunk but thats another story)

They fell BAtman and Superman need to bring in 350 million per installment .. cant get that kind of return on a TV show..

personally i think its stupid just like cancelling a show because the toys nobody knew existed were selling .. hint YJ

Which is why I think they are stupid, Like who thinks like that, if I like the tv show then I am going to want the movie, they don't need to make one every 2 years but I don't see how that hurts them.. Now if you don't think the TV actors are strong enough actors to pull off a movie then I can see your point..

Also I cant cosign that GL comment, I didn't give a fukk about GL, not in the comic, not the cartoon series and the movie was doomed cause the stupid idiots at the studio refused to get someone that cared enough to make a good movie.. How can you be so obsessed with making money but do stupid shyt to sabotage you from making money? Every successful comic movie financially was also critically well received, and everyone that bombed was not well received.. You cant make money putting out a shytty product and you cant put out a good product if you don't hire people that know the story and care enough to tell it the right way..

The baseline for determining the popularity of a tv show is super archaic, it doesn't apply to the majority anymore, proof look at Netflix, they renew their shows based on how well received they are and not by how many people watch it at a certain time, or how many people watch it in the first week of release.. Time for these old school minded decision makers to fukk off and get a young guy in there

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Which is why I think they are stupid, Like who thinks like that, if I like the tv show then I am going to want the movie, they don't need to make one every 2 years but I don't see how that hurts them.. Now if you don't think the TV actors are strong enough actors to pull off a movie then I can see your point..

Also I cant cosign that GL comment, I didn't give a fukk about GL, not in the comic, not the cartoon series and the movie was doomed cause the stupid idiots at the studio refused to get someone that cared enough to make a good movie.. How can you be so obsessed with making money but do stupid shyt to sabotage you from making money? Every successful comic movie financially was also critically well received, and everyone that bombed was not well received.. You cant make money putting out a shytty product and you cant put out a good product if you don't hire people that know the story and care enough to tell it the right way..

The baseline for determining the popularity of a tv show is super archaic, it doesn't apply to the majority anymore, proof look at Netflix, they renew their shows based on how well received they are and not by how many people watch it at a certain time, or how many people watch it in the first week of release.. Time for these old school minded decision makers to fukk off and get a young guy in there

I agree.. we're making the same argument .. basically the suits dont know shyt about what we want..
And what the hell in a Neilsen box... how are they even judging ratings .. especially when i dvr it and watch it later...

I mean I know its illegal but they can pretty much write a code to study what channels are tuned in on each of our cable/satellite boxes .. this way they count every tuner used at the time whether we're watching or dvr'ing, then they can get a more accurate count.. except for those who leave their boxes onall day and night if they home or not.. And throw those Age/Sex demographics out the window.. its hurting our youth

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
YES.
tumblr_npcyi8AVIo1r5rk9to6_r3_250.gif

ORACLE IS TAKEN.