The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This don't make sense. Capital gains tax is already 40% for the ultra wealthy. Are they doubling it across all income thresholds?
It's 40% for the short term capital gain but for investments held over a year it drops to 20%. Looks like they're trying to change it to make long term gains match short term gains basically.

Last edited:
Daps
That makes no sense. Longterm was to entice investors to stay in the market for years

I could have sworn the top capital gains rate was 37%. 39.6% was the old top rate.

2020-21 Capital Gains Tax Rates and Calculator - NerdWallet

It's genius from the government.

The wealthy/powerful already know how to avoid a significant amount of tax. They may pay 1/2 to 1/3 of their actual burden. That advantage doesn't change.

Now, a bunch of regular folks are about to make some $$$. Most of us don't have the knowledge to avoid paying that full bill.

The ones that try it will end up like countless actors/athletes etc, getting in tax trouble. You fukk with the IRS, you're in deep shyt.

Government wants us to get paid, smaller hedge funds will go belly up, bigger hedge funds will take a hit but the government will help them out as needed........

Glad I'm in Texas. Couldn't imagine paying MORE.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I could have sworn the top capital gains rate was 37%. 39.6% was the old top rate.

The wealthy/powerful already know how to avoid a significant amount of tax. They may pay 1/2 to 1/3 of their actual burden. That advantage doesn't change.

Now, a bunch of regular folks are about to make some $$$. Most of us don't have the knowledge to avoid paying that full bill.

The ones that try it will end up like countless actors/athletes etc, getting in tax trouble. You fukk with the IRS, you're in deep shyt.

Government wants us to get paid, smaller hedge funds will go belly up, bigger hedge funds will take a hit but the government will help them out as needed........

If a lot of us make 6 to 7 figures can't we just pay somebody to file our taxes?:patrice:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

that why i said Government is going to want their money they are not going to let these hedge funds drag this out for years

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
none of this matters until amc starts doing GME numbers i am going to :coffee: until otherwise
Agreed I just like watching it to try to understand how all of it works.

Watching some of those Astro streams and watching the price action has been fascinating.

Today is an example of the so-called “negative beta” of AMC. It usually reacts inversely to the overall market being red. Crypto got clapped up today too.

It’s all connected :lupe:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
This has been in the works for some time. Not everything is related to AMC.
We've been talking about it for quite some time as it relates to AMC.
If you don't need to touch that money soon just put your money into an S&P 500 index ETF or total stock market index ETF. You could also do a mutual fund but the ETF can be more tax efficient. Fidelity and Vanguard both have great low expense ratio ones. You don't need sexy. You just need boring slow and steady wins the race. A passively tracked index fund or etf just mirrors what the market is doing. It automatically spreads your money across the market in a single tracker stock symbol ticker. VOO, VTI from Vanguard. FXAIX from Fidelity. There are quite a few more but those are just the ones I have personally messed with.
I saw somewhere that 2.5m will get you 100k a year. Thanks for sharing that!