The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
it's possible and they've done that before. there was an article on yahoo awhile back about the 10 biggest squeezes of all time and i think in most of em when the price started getting outta hand the govt stepped in and did something to help out the HF. i remember in one instance the shareholders got 100 a share.

i don’t know about this situation tho. The whole world is watching and the corruption has been exposed. If the government steps in and helps the HF after making a bad bet, market integrity goes through the window and international investors ain’t fukkin with the US markets anymore.

Can’t have that.

Daps
This blows up like we hope, will the powers that be offer us deals to avoid breaking the bank?
I'm taking every fukking dollar I am able to from them

I doubt they'd want a deal with me individually. And whatever shyt that gets thrown out to people with less than 1k shares doesn't equal what I'd receive for just holding longer than other people

Daps
i don’t know about this situation tho. The whole world is watching and the corruption has been exposed. If the government steps in and helps the HF after making a bad bet, market integrity goes through the window and international investors ain’t fukkin with the US markets anymore.

Can’t have that.
tbh they don't give a fukk about faith in the markets.

People will come back and they always do. Retail ain't gonna give up on the markets just some people in gme and AMC will.

The markets have rigged up and fukked over people time and time again and they keep coming back. People will lose alot of money when this market crash happens and it'll be for the same reasons as 2008.

People will still come back. I don't like to say that but it's absolutely true.

Daps
tbh they don't give a fukk about faith in the markets.

People will come back and they always do. Retail ain't gonna give up on the markets just some people in gme and AMC will.

The markets have rigged up and fukked over people time and time again and they keep coming back. People will lose alot of money when this market crash happens and it'll be for the same reasons as 2008.

People will still come back. I don't like to say that but it's absolutely true.
I disagree. This subverts the entire principle of Wall Street, with the invisible hand making its presence known and blatantly intervening on behalf of bad actors who gambled and lost a bet. This is entirely different than the crash of 2008, which can be attributed to faulty math and irresponsible lending practices.

No, if the government doesn’t side with investors, there will be a massive transfer of wealth from the American market. Retail and even many institutional investors will no longer trust that they can safely invest in a company.

We aren’t talking about tens of thousands investors. The number of individual investors in AMC alone almost totals 5 million. That number isn’t appreciated enough by those who think the government can just shirk its duty and openly side with hedge funds.

:francis:

Daps
I disagree. This subverts the entire principle of Wall Street, with the invisible hand making its presence known and blatantly intervening on behalf of bad actors who gambled and lost a bet. This is entirely different than the crash of 2008, which can be attributed to faulty math and irresponsible lending practices.

No, if the government doesn’t side with investors, there will be a massive transfer of wealth from the American market. Retail and even many institutional investors will no longer trust that they can safely invest in a company.

We aren’t talking about tens of thousands investors. The number of individual investors in AMC alone almost totals 5 million. That number isn’t appreciated enough by those who think the government can just shirk its duty and openly side with hedge funds.

Exactly.

The government doesn't want this to happen again but every move being made is with the idea that AMC/GME will happen.

Citadel might recover but a lot of smaller hedgies are going under.

There are a ton of investors but we're still talking maybe 1% of the U.S. population...then factor in that quite a few are foreign. Government realizes there will be some new money millionaires (us) that can give the economy a boost.

Hiring attorneys, CPA's, financial planners, buying luxury items etc. Not to mention taxes. We may reduce our tax burden but we're still paying $$$ if this pops big.

Daps

Eh, agree to disagree. No harm no foul. We're in it for the same reason.