The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs in 10 years we will look back at this while AMC theaters is an essential part of the entertainment world again and more and say :wow: we helped create this.

AMC has been around since 1920, it's a real estate business not a movie business, the make money off the shyt they sell in the theatre not off the movies that's all the food and shyt is high as hell, they doing better than crack flips with that stuff

anything to keep the building back is what they need to do and they will sell money, they can even rent out the theaters so you can own your own theater and do whatever you want in that bytch throw a party, watch movies, esport tournament, whatever

its too many avenues they can flip that shyt

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: they are going to drag this out for a year :mjcry:

Not necessarily, it's just that we're not able to take lockdown #2 off the table til COVID settles, so that's enough to keep other retail investors on the sideline. We need a catalyst at this point and ideally that'd be retail pressure shaking some of the smaller hedge funds loose to kick off the squeeze.

Citidel plays such an outsized role in the market as a frontrunner & shareholder that I wouldn't be surprised if smaller HFs don't want to get on their shyt list. Pure speculation though.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Gonna dive into the financials later today, but I honestly think these results could have been the MOASS catalyst if COVID surge #2 weren't in the works. I'm optimistic as ever looking at the financials, but hedges might still have room to drag this into 2022. No doubt in my mind that, barring any new lockdowns, MOASS or at worst a controlled squeeze happens by 2022.

aint happening

Government is going to step in soon. They want 37%, not 20% and if that NSCC gets implemented, no more naked shorting for hedge funds.

:francis:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aint happening

Government is going to step in soon. They want 37%, not 20% and if that NSCC gets implemented, no more naked shorting for hedge funds.

:hubie: I neither agree nor disagree. Calls on what the government will or won't do strike me as pure speculation that we shouldn't get people anchored on without evidence. The reasoning makes sense but all we have is draft regulations and speculation.

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
aint happening

Agreed...I like the thought of cheaper taxes to pay but shyt... If they want that bread fukk it let it ride. Don't know what's gonna happen just sittin back chillin.. ready for it whatever goes down and can wait til it pops.

Daps
Gonna dive into the financials later today, but I honestly think these results could have been the MOASS catalyst if COVID surge #2 weren't in the works. I'm optimistic as ever looking at the financials, but hedges might still have room to drag this into 2022. No doubt in my mind that, barring any new lockdowns, MOASS or at worst a controlled squeeze happens by 2022. The centrality of COVID to this entire play is why I think the CEO went so hard on getting vaccinated (:whoa: we're not having that vaccination convo here though I'm just saying).
Govt wants that tax money, I really don't see them letting the hedges get away with it considering the payday they can get out of it