The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Like you, I’m a novice. Not versed on puts and calls. I just hold my 500 shares and look at the ticker like :francis:

I feel you. I'm personally learning as I go. I need to learn more about options and the options chain. Just a lot of open interest on puts for the 20th. Who knows how the shyt will pan out.

Daps
I feel you. I'm personally learning as I go. I need to learn more about options and the options chain. Just a lot of open interest on puts for the 20th. Who knows how the shyt will pan out.
Too many eyes watching. Too much chatter about manipulation. I think the plan has already been set and is in motion, with the SEC giving hedges a head start to suppress the price as low as they can get it before the squeeze starts. Squeeze is inevitable at this point. Hedges just want to shake as many of us off as possible before they start covering.

:francis:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Too many eyes watching. Too much chatter about manipulation. I think the plan has already been set and is in motion, with the SEC giving hedges a head start to suppress the price as low as they can get it before the squeeze starts. Squeeze is inevitable at this point. Hedges just want to shake as many of us off as possible before they start covering.

I'm 100% in. I'm going to see how low they push and buy more before the week is over. Small sample on Fidelity shows more people buying than selling. Good news and numbers on the 9th. Not budging. Big dawgs not wagering state retirement funds on this for no reason. I'm a patient person.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why are dark pools even allowed? What purpose to they serve? Serious questions.

Need to understand the pros and cons from all sides of this.
This should give you a good overview

The problem really isn’t the “dark pools” it’s that our orders are being routed straight to citadel instead of the open market.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder also.

A lot of the people I've tried to share this info with just don't seem very interested.

it seems crazy it seems like more people were trying to hop into crypto as opposed to investing in the stock market. I try to talk to some and they just don’t seem as interested. But they wanted to talk about crypto but not so much anymore.

I’m not sure they are even investing anymore to be honest. Seems like it was something to do and suddenly past. This is over the time of covid. Prior to that most of the people I knew who invested just used their work stuff (401K, TSP) and I only knew a small handful in crypto and they were very computer savvy nerdish types. I was guilty I’ve been investing 18 years but only the last 2 have I been on my own. And literally just popped my cherry on options a few weeks ago.

the good thing to me that movements like (AMC,GME) this started is people being willing to invest on their own outside of the companies program. And even with the companies program me for example I was investing in Bonds, and S&P until about 5 years ago when I switched to S&P and international. (I should of switched to S&P and small cap)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

They need our shares so they can have shares to buy back, all these paper handers and swing traders are helping them stay alive, they have AI machines that can buy faster than we can

so they will beat the price down shake some paper hands buy their shares

Daps
I wonder also.

A lot of the people I've tried to share this info with just don't seem very interested.

Black folk seem to prefer investing in real estate or trying to start businesses if we have the capital.

Real estate can be profitable but the market provides more consistent returns and has always been a better long term play. Maybe because investing in ETF's doesn't give you that "boss" look the way buying land does.:yeshrug:

Daps
If it goes to a dollar, then there's no more short squeeze. Am I wrong?

They still need us to sell. Price doesn't matter.

If it went to $1, people would be buying up AMC like crazy. The number of shares hedge funds would have to buy back would go up exponentially.

The hedge funds need us to sell to cover their positions. This long/slow drop in price is to shake the paperhands....the day trader brehs trying to make a quick buck.

The only cost to holding is the opportunity cost of missing out on other investments. Hedge funds burn billions driving the price down.