The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I predict this will end up being the longest running thread in coli history after random thoughts…

this shyt will literally never end
The key to infinite patience is to not wait.

If you have a position, just hold it, set up alerts and forget about it. When it pops off , it pops off whether its 10 days or 10 years from now :yeshrug:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless they want us to pay far less in taxes it'll end by next year.
Considering the economy is nearly on the brink, I would say they're gonna want this incredibly large amount of tax money.

I'd wager the govt is trying to raise capital gains taxes first before letting this proceed.
Realistically, how much tax revenue would be generated specifically from the shorting fukkery if capital gains tax rate was raised and would it really make a big difference in the big scheme of things?

Daps
Realistically, how much tax revenue would be generated specifically from the shorting fukkery if capital gains tax rate was raised and would it really make a big difference in the big scheme of things?

Considering that if this goes down then raising gives them billions more

Think about the millions of people invested who instead of paying thousands, will be paying hundreds of thousands to millions.

Almost half of what you'll make from this will go to them if they raise the gains.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering that if this goes down then raising gives them billions more

Think about the millions of people invested who instead of paying thousands, will be paying hundreds of thousands to millions.

Almost half of what you'll make from this will go to them if they raise the gains.
I get that but just as an example, federal tax revenue for 2020 was 3.4 trillion. Made a quick google search and it's estimated that they would make roughly 30 billion extra if they raise it. How much of the 30B would be a direct result of the total shorting fukkery?

I think it has more to do with them trying to buy time to structure the falling of multiple financial institutions so it doesn't spread all at once. They are trying to avoid another 1929/2008. This thing might end in trillions of dollars in bailouts. Raise on capital gains would be nice for them but it might end up being a small cup in the bucket (bigger that a small drop of water but still relatively small)

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Is Mitch forcing the dems to choose which bill they want to use reconciliation with? This one or the infrastructure bill?

Yep. That's exactly what he's trying to get them to do. Republicans aren't going to bother with the debt ceiling bill as they know Democrats have the votes to make it happen just like they do with the reconciliation bill. It's fukked up, but it's a smart power play :yeshrug:

It sounds like they are going to come up the money from somewhere without the GOP and save the fight for another day.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Yep. That's exactly what he's trying to get them to do. Republicans aren't going to bother with the debt ceiling bill as they know Democrats have the votes to make it happen just like they do with the reconciliation bill. It's fukked up, but it's a smart power play :yeshrug:

It sounds like they are going to come up the money from somewhere without the GOP and save the fight for another day.
So are they about to start covering?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So are they about to start covering?

Nahhhh I don't think so. It's more so just another kick the can down the road and we'll worry about the rest later type of situation. The bottom is going to fall out surely, but just a matter of when as it's only so long they can keep patching up the problem.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don’t have GME, now’s probably a good time to get some. I think GME may be closer than AMC to squeezing, but GMe could also be our trigger. I hold both but way more AMC. Gonna pick up a few more GME and DRS my existing shares.