The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if she’s correct she’s in an extreme minority. I wouldn’t get rid of my positions.

I didn’t post that to persuade people into getting rid of their positions nor was I implying she’s anything but an extreme minority. I’m looking for insight into if what she said has any validity or base for foundation.

For the past week, I’ve read that Evergrande failing could trigger the squeeze, I’ve just come across someone saying Evergrande failing would tank amc and wondered why one would have that stance.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t post that to persuade people into getting rid of their positions nor was I implying she’s anything but an extreme minority. I’m looking for insight into if what she said has any validity or base for foundation.

For the past week, I’ve read that Evergrande failing could trigger the squeeze, I’ve just come across someone saying Evergrande failing would tank amc and wondered why one would have that stance.

I mean that’s what I dislike about this game. You know everything has validity. It could happen. Just like it’s always someone saying a crash is coming. It all could happen. The only thing we can bring up is likelihood. A world disaster at any time can send the market into the dumpster.

but the thing I can acknowledge is if a crash occurs shorts will need to be covered and these hedges will likely need to use their long holds to secure the funds in order to cover their shorts. One of the key shorts some of these companies have is AMC. So even if the market flips upside down AMC would need to be covered and we would still come out far above where we are now.

is it a chance that they could try to continue to kick the can even with that occurring of course. They clearly have dug in too far at this point and have some more tricks up their sleeves.

that’s why I just keep it simple. Do the shorts still need to be covered.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

What’s her reasoning?

AMC is one of the safe places as it’s held mostly by people who aren’t trading on the fundamentals of the market.

Some random company in China going bankrupt isn’t gonna make AMC holders just give up and walk away.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s her reasoning?

AMC is one of the safe places as it’s held mostly by people who aren’t trading on the fundamentals of the market.

Some random company in China going bankrupt isn’t gonna make AMC holders just give up and walk away.

Exactly. AMC/GME just isn’t following market logic. We will hold just to hold. Rather the market goes down or up. It’s not like we are going to get rid of our AMC position to purchase apple or tesla just because they drop.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s her reasoning?

She said something along the lines of AMC is one of her riskier investments and she thinks it’s likely to take a huge hit should we see some major downturn in the markets (caused by Evergrande). Something along those lines. she did preface it with “it’s just my opinion” and the like.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Also brehs, I was looking for some information on this Evergrande shyt you guys have been posting for the past week, to better understand it, and I came across a small crypto euro channel and she went through the Evergrande situation then said she sold her AMC stick because she’s thinks China will let it fail and AMC would be one of the first to take a hit in valuation. Is there anything to what she saying or is it just babble?

It defies logic. AMC has been turning a consistent profit, debt has been restructured, several new ways to generate more revenue, several acquisitions, public sentiment, high profile partnerships.

We've literally played a role in the transformation of an American company. After AMC the movie theater will cease to exist. I could go on, but I'm going to take this opportunity to say fukk what the laws say and how the market is supposed to react to this short position.

I believe in AMC as a company. And I haven't set foot into a theater since 2009... I'm still convinced that GME is going to be bigger. But I'm equally convinced that AMC is going to have its moment. I can't imagine the levels of fukkery they would have to pull for this to be a wash... 6 months ago AA told us we were operational though 2022. All we've done since is win... Yeah I'm going to stand on this hill until they push me off.

In China they holding CEOs of Evergrande hostage. I won't even say what will happen here. We all know what it is.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
She said something along the lines of AMC is one of her riskier investments and she thinks it’s likely to take a huge hit should we see some major downturn in the markets (caused by Evergrande). Something along those lines. she did preface it with “it’s just my opinion” and the like.
Well yeah, sounds like she just pulled that out of her ass. It defies logic and what we know about the stock.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Also brehs, I was looking for some information on this Evergrande shyt you guys have been posting for the past week, to better understand it, and I came across a small crypto euro channel and she went through the Evergrande situation then said she sold her AMC stick because she’s thinks China will let it fail and AMC would be one of the first to take a hit in valuation. Is there anything to what she saying or is it just babble?

she probably knows way more about the market than i do, but i will take a stab at this:

1) she seems to be trading AMC as a normal investment and not a squeeze play. that means her thesis is different than the rest of us and not applicable
2) even if evergrande manages to tank the stock, that sell-off may only be among institutions. retail has a habit of buying dips and keeping the stock above $30. retail owns a large amount of the stock so our sentiment matters.
3) if the evergrande event is large enough to do major damage, it will probably damage some of the institutions shorting AMC, and one of them will probably try to cover first to mitigate losses. that covering will spike the price up and possibly trigger the squeeze.

she is not babbling if you are looking for normal stock value advice, but i dont think anybody in here is looking for that.

Daps

Kenny boy might off himself when the market crash. It was so close to reality, just imagine how bad it's gonna be 9 months later where people continue to buy and hold while he's been shorting the fukk out of gme and amc

Complete nuclear meltdown incoming.