Essential The Africa the Media Doesn't Tell You About

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
You talking about the Chinese ones? Oh yeah. I've been doing business with this person for over a year now. I've sent $x0,000 of dollars and haven't gotten scammed yet and this is using Western Union :lol:. And I'm Nigerian and one of my closest friends is from Ghana (he actually visited Ghana last summer and he knew I mess around with all these types of side hustles so he was trying to put me on, idk why I never really looked more into it)

@joeychizzle you know if you can ask him for the exact model of the laptop. Im going to check this out
Let me get in on this breh.

I got a laptop connect in baltimore used/new

If I can get a legit connect in Nigeria :lawd:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Hey can yall PM or start a group for making money in Africa. I think its time to practice some group economics in here brehs. I got connects all the way up to the prime minister in Tanzania so we can get some shyt started brehs. Im dead serious and willing to break that bread
DEAD ASS FAM IM WITH PM RIGHT NOW!!! :damn:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
pics of the grind and hustle ......

BN Photo Stories: Women of the Underground Economy
Posted on Friday, November 11th, 2011 at 6:45 PM
By BellaNaija.com

CREDITS:
Bayo Omoboriowo is a freelance photographer and photo artiste. A double-finalist (Still Life & Lifestyle) at the maiden edition of the Nigeria Photography Awards in July 2011, his works have appeared on BellaNaija.com, YNaija.com, and in Y! Magazine. He loves documentary photography, though he also dabbles into events and portrait.

In similar vein, we lend our voices to the clamour for the establishment of credit and savings components as a way of both enabling these women to increase their incomes and come together to address wider gender issues. We’ll be back in a fortnight!

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-1-600x400.jpg

'Agege Bread' on the Move

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-2-600x400.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-2-600x400.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-3-600x400.jpg

Somewhere in Port Harcourt; 'Boli' is almost a staple

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-4-600x401.jpg

Smoked fish seller on Creek Road wins some points for hygiene

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-5-600x401.jpg

Cycling to make a living in PH

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-6-600x400.jpg

More smoked fish,

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-7-600x401.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-8.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-9.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-10-600x400.jpg

'Nothing spoil for Lagos!'

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-11-600x401.jpg

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-12-600x400.jpg

And, she wades through the dirty puddle

BN-Photo-Stories_-Episode-3-13-600x401.jpg

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah. There really is no place like home. Nothing like walking the streets seeing fellow black brethren. You walk into a store nobody is checking you because your black. No need to deal with all the covert racist shyt that is thrown at one daily. No black stereotypes weighing one down. Then lets not forget the beautiful black women and none of them are on that:mjpls:

Same as the men. You dont hear men talking about I only date lightskins, or darkskin women :flabbynsick: or where them white women at...

No black men aint shyt or black women aint shyt...

I myself plan to move back to Nigeria for good. At the moment I go back and forth between Nigeria and Canada. At least every year I spend 4 months in Nigeria. Will even be heading back in a month and a half.

:smugfavre::upsetfavre:

Daps

yeah i do intend to move back when i complete my education. I want to use my skills to help my country. Plus again I am a full Nigerian citizen and nothing else. I have spent the vast majority of my life in Nigeria. and the few years i have spent in canada, I have not really enjoyed it. I love the amenities and the opportunities it provides. but all this covert racism, I have experienced starting right from when i arrived at the airport(being unnecessarily searched because of my Nigerian passport)
to just the shyt that happens in my daily life in canada, like being followed in stores and people expecting me not to be able to afford certain things (not that i can actually afford them but its still dumb to make assumptions) and also being randomly stopped by police because i was taking a walk through a wealthy neighborhood.
then you add all the lingering stereotype and all that. Then you have colorism issues and what not.
( I think it hit me hard personally because before coming to canada I wasnt someone who really even had any thoughts towards racism. I had heard of blacks in the americas and their plight but i was basically like a c00n. I always taught black Americans were all too lazy to take advantage of the opportunities available to them. Never really looked at the whole systematic racism. You could say coming to canada was like a wake up call for me)

At the end of the day no doubt you get a better quality of life living in canada when compared to Nigeria, but that peace of mind and freedom one can have when living in ones home country can never be duplicated.
Again it makes me really appreciate home. I truly dont know how people can live in such societies for years.

Last edited:
Daps
( I think it hit me hard personally because before coming to canada I wasnt someone who really even had any thoughts towards racism. I had heard of blacks in the americas and thier plight but i was basically like a c00n. I always taught black Americans were all to lazy to take advantage of the opportunities available to them. Never really looked at the whole systematic rasicm. You could say coming to canada was like a wake up call for me)

Exactly the same with me (I'm an African who moved to Canada). To echo what you just said, the systematic racism really does get to you after a while. I can only think of how differently I look at life now, than when I first moved to Canada. Honestly, all of y'all who've lived here your whole lives have really put up with a lot. i respect the strides you've all made regardless of all the shyt you've been through and social reforms you've played a part in creating.

Daps
I just can't wait for that time where a black person will be looked at in a positive light, no more thug crook etc, we'll be hard working

it will happen in the next twenty years. it was only a while ago when all asians were lazy fukkboys who made cheap stuff, but now they're totally killing it in the cognitively demanding fields. again, like i said before: it all starts with you. don't let your skin color define who you are. go for your dreams. some of the greatest black people who ever lived were the ones who didn't let their skin color define them or what they could do: (i.e. Jimi Hendrix, Sun Ra, Obama, james baldwin, neil degrassie tyson).

Daps
Exactly the same with me (I'm an African who moved to Canada). To echo what you just said, the systematic racism really does get to you after a while. I can only think of how differently I look at life now, than when I first moved to Canada. Honestly, all of y'all who've lived here your whole lives have really put up with a lot. i respect the strides you've all made regardless of all the shyt you've been through and social reforms you've played a part in creating.

yeah. Its good to have that wake up call though. In fact what I have found in Nigeria is that most of the repats (Nigerians that have lived abroad but decided to come back home) have experienced that wake up call. They talk about how though they lived in america or the U.K the society just wasnt cutting it for them so they decided to take thier talents back home to help the country.