The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Flint could of gotten new pipes , pay teachers more , fix the roads , update Amtrak , build out train service , money for needy higher education

Ironically this war was over a pipe. But to be honest even without this war I doubt the American government would've spent that money on something useful and needed

Superstar
Daps
@pickles Almost everyday. We lived with the soldiers and border patrol. sometimes the police would stay the night or ride out with us. Everytime we stopped we made a point to hang out with people, whichever district of Khost we happened to be in. The only place where nobody was good was yakubi. We often picked up local trucker convoys that were waiting to enter the city. If they tried to pass through the city they would be robbed and beaten.

My favorite places to patrol, mounted or discounted, were Khost city, garbuz, and narizah. The city people were chill and relatively educated. The kids were the most educated. They would ask to practice their English or just walk up and we would roast each other. We handed out pencils, markers, sketch pads, coloring books Qurans, etc. they liked to ask for band aids because they thought they fixed everything.

The country people were cool too. They are exactly like the people in the Bible if you ever imagined meeting random people in the Bible. They didn’t understand the concept of black people and would ask me if I was a robot sometimes. Some have never seen a TV and rarely listened to radios. They had Taliban motorcycle gangs that didn’t really do much fighting, they just like to look cool for bytches and act hard around us.

Some of the kids would throw rocks but only because it was fun for them. They would run up afterwards to look up close. One kid threw a puppy at our trucks once.

In a bad situation they wouldn’t hesitate to come ask for help or alert us to something. They stopped us on the road to warn us that there were rockets in the grass, waiting for us to drive by, or fresh IED’s. If someone was doing something stupid they would try to beat/kill/stop them. If they couldn’t they would call for help.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I mean, everybody wanted us OUT of Afghanistan so, why is this a problem?

One of you cats with more poli-sci knowledge help me understand 'cause I'm legit confused​

It's how they left. Leaving isn't the problem. The Biden Administration scuttled the deal that was made for political purposes and didn't plan. The IC's estimate of Afghanistan falling was way off. What were the generals doing? There should be terminations and resignations throughout the week.

Superstar
Daps
@pickles almost forgot that I saw an old man break a wooden chair over an elements school girl, while driving by. My country ass gunner used to play pop music out his turret while doing a poor representation of “raising the roof”. The kids and young adults would go crazy cheering and chasing our convoy. One girl got up to leave the porch and the chair just came down and exploded. She shook that shyt off and chased the truck with everybody else while the old dude stood there and scratched his head.

The othe rooster was right about foul shyt happening in govt. official’s basements. Another medic from my sister platoon choked out a police chief because he saw a young teenage boy in his basement wearing makeup. The chief actually got fired when our brigade commander found out. That’s the one positive thing about the Taliban. They wouldn’t allow that shyt. They just allowed everything else smh.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
This scumbag was one of the biggest cheerleaders of the disastrous invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and the "war on terror" which has directly led to this current situation.

It's time for George Bush and Tony Blair to stand trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

You're the first person to lame blame where it's deserved. Everyone on social media is blaming Trump and Biden and some pointing the finger at Obama for not doing it sooner but the truth is they should never have been there in the first place and it was all because Afghanistan gave the gas pipeline contract to an Argentinian company instead of an American one.

Daps

LOOOOOL @ the afghan president fleeing the country under the guise of "preventing further bloodshed", um yeah, his own. :mjlol:

Truly spineless cowards run that country :russ:

I don't blame the ANA for folding that fast. Why fight when the leader will just bail in a second? :francis:

I feel bad for the innocent people caught in the middle :picard: