The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm saying there should have at least been some sort of plan in place for people who needed to flee as the Taliban assumed power
You can’t flee and provide cover. The whole point is the Afghan government would hold Kabul while you leave.

If you have no cover, there can’t be orderly departure. The Taliban weren’t supposed to take over the entire government

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Yeah it is about to get bleak.
The airport jam in Kabul is just the beginning.
Afghanistan does not have the logistical power to get those people out. Most of the citizens cannot afford plane tickets nor do they have anywhere to go. Humanitarian aid isn’t coming as the Taliban will murder anything that comes in.

I hate to say it but the country is about to fall and I have a feeling that thousands are about to die.

Who gives a fukk?

Let them die. What the fukk were we doing there anyway?

There is alot of places that are oppressive to women, it is just the way it is...

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Ask yourself what incentive does an afghan soldier have to fight against the Taliban?

shytty pay, barely being fed, and no real country to fight for. All you have is a bunch of tribal beefs with the Taliban being the biggest of them all.

Yup, trillions were wasted is an understatement...
Lay down and get fukked brehs. Lot of y’all don’t think about the future. Once you gone it’s just over right lol just not gonna try to create a better world

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying there should have at least been some sort of plan in place for people who needed to flee as the Taliban assumed power
are you assuming or know for a fact that there was not a plan in place? cause they been giving out special visas for afghans for months now
US to begin evacuating Afghans who aided American military
of course not everyone who wants to leave would leave, nor should they, but the drawdown have been going on for months now and the western powers took the people the wanted to.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Sucks for the people of Afghanistan but we've been there for twenty years. It's not like South Korea, Germany, Japan, etc after World War 2 and the Korean War where you had some type of civilized people who could form a government and be administered. The Afghan people are largely tribal so let them be.

We shouldn't have even tried to nation build. Should have sent a larger force after 9/11, took out Al Qaeda and LEFT!

The British tried, the Soviets tried, and the United States tried but to no avail. Like I said before, as long as they don't harbor terrorist who want to attack America, stay out of it.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
are you assuming or know for a fact that there was not a plan in place? cause they been giving out special visas for afghans for months now
US to begin evacuating Afghans who aided American military
of course not everyone who wants to leave would leave, nor should they, but the drawdown have been going on for months now and the western powers took the people the wanted to.

Just seems overly chaotic and unprepared. Obviously there was some sort of plan and it didnt go as they had thought. I'm fully in favor of getting out of there for what it's worth. I guess maybe there wasnt a better way..but this didnt go too well. Journalists moving locations and hiding or having to emergency airlift 800 people..or having their embassy evacuated when Biden said it wouldnt be couldnt have been a part of this plan for example. The administration may have put too much faith into an agreement they had with the Taliban..Granted, I am not privy to these discussions because I do not work in the Pentagon or White House.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Sucks for the people of Afghanistan but we've been there for twenty years. It's not like South Korea, Germany, Japan, etc after World War 2 and the Korean War where you had some type of civilized people who could form a government and be administered. The Afghan people are largely tribal so let them be.

We shouldn't have even tried to nation build. Should have sent a larger force after 9/11, took out Al Qaeda and LEFT!

The British tried, the Soviets tried, and the United States tried but to no avail. Like I said before, as long as they don't harbor terrorist who want to attack America, stay out of it.

Exactly. Get Al Qaeda and Bin Laden and bounce. Anything more than that was too much.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Biden screwed this so badly that he's losing the media

Who gives a fukk what "the media" says. Afghanistan was a 20 year blunder. If we got out in 2002 or 2042 the outcome would have been the same. They had soldiers ripping off their uniforms and hiding among civilians. Those sorry ass fukkers had their own air power and hundreds of thousands of trained military and they gave it up in 2 weeks. The worst pussified defensive effort since Superbowl XXIV.

Let those goat fukking mountain bumpkins go back to doing what they do best, living like 5th century HOH fundamentalists. We'll get out the people who helped us and that's it.

ZERO SYMPATHY ZERO CONCERN, let Europe or the Chinese handle it if it turns into a humanitarian crisis, we did enough.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Unless there is a terrorist attack in the U.S. that originated from Afghanistan, probably not. Republicans will use it like they did Bengazi but most Americans won't care about this in three years. It might have an effect on the midterms next year but who knows.

Mostly agreed here too. Republicans would have to walk a tight rope of condemning leadership ability while avoiding sounding hawkish. People can say whatever they want now about this but this occurrence wont make Americans more willing to fight in new wars.