The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

Daps
If the president flees you can’t expect the ANA to stand and fight. The Taliban have sheer will the ANA was corrupt as fukk and only wanted money you’d have to physically push them into houses to get them to clear it.

that’s the clear cut difference the Taliban aren’t just a bunch of dumb farmers they are a trained force with the will to actually execute its objectives. Once ANA units got hit hard they’d usually give up

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right, they got money and resources but they formed themselves.

You’ve a great heart to work with the refugees. I hope they’re able to find acceptance from the surrounding communities. It’s been 10 years and 5 months since I left that place. We were in Khost, east of the Khost-gardez pass, with our brigade spread amongst paktya, paktika, ghazni, logar, parts of Helmand, and parts of khandahar.

Much of our leadership participated in op anaconda, and many other early operations (2002-2005). I’ve had friends in other major battles in the worst places. I was in Khost from 2010 to 2011.

Almost anyone of us who stepped foot outside their outposts and fobs can tell you the opposite about effort put into training and fighting along side them. I’ve seen them work independently and we’d have to slow them down at time because they’d get overzealous. The were always willing to help, they’ve even saved us at times. There were points where the haqqani stopped attacking us and focused on our Afghan outposts, thinking they’d have an easier time… They were wrong as fukk. What we’re seeing now is a result of back door deals.
Oh for sure. I’m being a little harsh and straightforward to counter a lot of the narratives that have developed over time about the U.S. occupation.

I agree with what you’re saying.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If the president flees you can’t expect the ANA to stand and fight. The Taliban have sheer will the ANA was corrupt as fukk and only wanted money you’d have to physically push them into houses to get them to clear it.

that’s the clear cut difference the Taliban aren’t just a bunch of dumb farmers they are a trained force with the will to actually execute its objectives. Once ANA units got hit hard they’d usually give up

hamid karzai still there

surprised he didn't leave

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The US is incapable of nation building (hell I’d argue that wasn’t even really the objective). This should come as no surprise. A large portion of the now failed government are Taliban sympathizers

Just sad at all the loss of life and resources.

At some point people will realize there are portions of the world that give absolutely no shyts about Western values
It isn’t about Western values. :yeshrug:
We've got to leave that goofy narrative behind, especially considering the waxing and waning of complex societies throughout the region over the centuries.
Afghanistan has been utterly destroyed over the last century due to Western imperialism and outright destruction, and the various strains and ideologies behind different militias and groups are a result of this destruction, not the people of Afghanistan being “backwards.”

We live in the U.S. and if our country were to be bombed ad infinitum and subject to decades of violence and war crimes that leave the majority of the population without access to resources, disabled, and with PTSD - there would absolutely be right-wing Christian militias attempting to stake a claim across the nation within a few years, :ehh:

A coalition of states could have developed nation-building in accordance with the desires of the people of the state if we wanted to, but the focus was largely on “counter-insurgency” and the rural areas (reasonably) hated the U.S. occupation.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You've got to be kidding me.

China is an authoritarian state that has effectively crushed Uighur terrorism, just like Russia did in Chechnya. Scorched earth policy is quite effective against these vermin.

Meanwhile, America's Operation Cyclone is coming to bite back. Who the fcuk thought it was a good idea to arm, fund and train hardcore jihadists.

Foreign Policy clusterfukks 101.
68772733_a94c2aafa2_w.jpg

GAehtUD6RJjbSGBBwotabY2fpuUkftcDxU0bnSv57aA.jpg

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Wrong. China does not want the taliban

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
20 years of aggression, brutality, bombing innocent civilians, bombing hospitals, drone strikes, rape, kidnapping, torture, and wholesale corruption by the United States and the rest of the West came to an end today thank god almighty.

always remember the Mahmudiyah rape in iraq

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The Chinese are already building ties with the Taliban to hopefully rebuild what america destroyed & hopefully Turkey does the same . Y'all just love pushing misinformation
Wrong. China preferred having the USA there.

they don’t want this. It makes things harder.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
The United States used to support openly, tribal leaders who were fighting the Taliban who used to have little boys as their child sex slaves.

let that sink in.

Most of those little boys who were sold like cattle and turned a blind eye to by American soldiers became Taliban.

That is the unmistakable reality.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The United States used to support openly, tribal leaders who were fighting the Taliban who used to have little boys as their child sex slaves.

let that sink in.

Most of those little boys who were sold like cattle and turned a blind eye to by American soldiers became Taliban.

That is the unmistakable reality.
You know that was a statistical minority right?

don’t let your edgelord anti American shyt get ahead of how other people are dealing with this.