The Afghanistan - Taliban Conflict

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Let’s roll back to 2001

Imagine you’re a young man that was raped by the ANA (Afghan National army) in the 90s and nothing happened until the Taliban showed up and handled them because of corruption . Then the USA shows up And puts the ANA back in charge and the corruption returns . How would you feel ?

This is way deeper than what ppl realize.

Different country, but this should give people a good idea on how corrupt these USA backed governments are. They are just as corrupt and abusive as the terrorist groups. This is why those groups get so much support.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like Afghans got wannabe imperialists out the paint once again

B̶r̶i̶t̶a̶i̶n, So̶v̶i̶e̶t̶ ̶U̶n̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ U̶n̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶S̶a̶m̶ ̶.. who next lol

:mjgrin:
You can invade it but when u realize it’s not worth keeping you gotta bail

when u can’t make money off of it there’s no point

Superstar
Daps
All that could be done was done. It was supposed to be a hammer and anvil type situation. The anvil had other plans. I agree that a lot of money was wasted in contracts and money being handed off to influence shadow governors, etc.

I do understand if you feel mislead on info. Mostly honest reports and numbers went up around the clock, compiled again and again, until the were simplified enough to make it to the pentagon. Unfortunately what gets reported in the news depends on what media companies find the most sensational, at the time. There’s a lot of stuff recorded and reported on that never sees TV because it doesn’t make money.
Im am confused by this post lol. I wasnt comparing the taliban to actual drug dealers, just the tactics that we use on the war on terror to the war on drugs. You mow the lawn to make it appear as if your tax dollars are being used to win the “war” and to silence public criticism, when in reality nothing is truly being solved. Im very well aware that the taliban is a well trained militia haha.

Earnings

Ele Jefe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Victory Lane
This not true at all. I know a lot of people in Afghanistan and none support the Taliban. The vast vast majority of the Afghan people oppose the Taliban.

I'm baffled people actually dapped this.
Not to get too off topic but it's weird how threads go these days...lots of "pick me" posts/dap fishing and regurgitation of LITERALLY the same posts... Can't make it up. Old threads had a much better flow and communication. Peep it next time one is upped

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They lost me when they started taking peace talks with the Taliban. I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists :dahell:

These mufuggas blowing up buildings, raping women and shooting politicians in the head and meeting in Doha the next week talmbout they don't know what's happening :dahell:

We look like grade A clowns trying to villainize Maduro, Kim Jong Un or Jinping yet, willing to engage with and excuse what these dudes are doing.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys simplify this way too much .

Why should we dictate how other people live ?

The Taliban could not survive this long without strong support from within the region .

That’s a simplistic way to look at things. With that logic, the Nazis had support in Germany and Kim Jong Un and his family has support in North Korea. The people there are scared of getting killed so they accept a new way of life hoping they’ll get to live. Nothing more, nothing less.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Taliban out here kidnapping and raping women like they're Genghis Khan mongols smh

:picard::picard:

scary

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Almost 4 trillion dollars spent on the War in Afghanistan in 20 years and absolutely nothing to show for it.

Imagine if just half of that money was spent on healthcare, infrastructure, housing, education? Just half.

Lockheed, Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop shareholders (most of congress) ate well for the past decades though :francis:

20 years…..I’m saying this lightly when I say it really blows my mind that we’ve been in Afghanistan since I was in the damn 4th grade :dwillhuh: I remember them “War On Terror” days vividly….Back in the day when Al Qaeda was America’s latest boogeyman on the block.

All them post-9/11 color-coded warning alerts we would get about an “imminent” terrorist attack, especially whenever Osama Bin Laden would just magically appear every once in a blue moon to deliver a taped message and them Cacs still couldn’t find their former agent :wow:

I have a lotta nostalgia for the 2000’s but it definitely had its share of spooky ass moments.

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
20 years…..I’m saying this lightly when I say it really blows my mind that we’ve been in Afghanistan since I was in the damn 4th grade :dwillhuh: I remember them “War On Terror” days vividly….Back in the day when Al Qaeda was America’s latest boogeyman on the block.
It's crazy isn't it? The US in another nation fighting a war for two decades! Is this the longest we have been in a country like this?

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
The Taliban went on a huge offensive right when the troops left I think they control like 80-90 percent of the country.

It’s over they need to cut their losses and stay the fukk out.

They’ve literally just been sitting back biding time before they felt comfortable enough to go HAM on reconquering their unconquerable land.