‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The main issue I think will arise is dealing with the quote “The sith havent been seen for a millinia” in TPM. Thats why I dont believe we will see a true sith in the show. It will be a dark/fallen jedi in order to match up with TPM. Not only that, with Yoda being alive during this period presents another difficulty as the events cant be too concerning with Yoda being taken by surprise of the appearance of the sith.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The main issue I think will arise is dealing with the quote “The sith havent been seen for a millinia” in TPM. Thats why I dont believe we will see a true sith in the show. It will be a dark/fallen jedi in order to match up with TPM. Not only that, with Yoda being alive during this period presents another difficulty as the events cant be too concerning with Yoda being taken by surprise of the appearance of the sith.

The show is going to be a shyt show no pun intended. Look at every Disney show, look wat they did with the obi show. Taking anything they do seriously is a waste of time and energy.

Ashoka was a step in the right direction but ultimately fell apart by all the other shyt they had to throw in.

Andor was a good show within the universe but lacked the Star Wars charm.

I pirate every episode watch it once then delete it and never think about it again. That’s wat these shows are to anyone who’s not a kid. Just something to file in the back of your mind when you’re watching the trilogy’s. Sometimes you even better of not watching them (obi).

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The show is going to be a shyt show no pun intended. Look at every Disney show, look wat they did with the obi show. Taking anything they do seriously is a waste of time and energy.

Ashoka was a step in the right direction but ultimately fell apart by all the other shyt they had to throw in.

I pirate every episode watch it once then delete it and never think about it again. That’s wat these shows are to anyone who’s not a kid. Just something to file in the back of your mind when you’re watching the trilogy’s. Sometimes you even better of not watching them (obi).

I try to look at the positives but im 100% with you. I think it will have a mostly lukewarm response. Disney toying with the established George Lucas canon will cause a lot of issues and I feel thats mostly where a lot of the heat will come.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
yes, the tiddies are as big as the shirt suggests. Where was they at in Bodies, Bodies, Bodies, no clue. :yeshrug:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

I got through like 3 eps of Obi before I turned it off. Horrifically bad writing. I expect more of the same from this.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

Now she probably does, as she takes on the titular Jedi trainee role in The Acolyte, her introduction to George Lucas’ Star Warsuniverse, which he sold to Disney in 2012 for $4 billion. “I have a really, really heavy load in this show, an abnormal load,” she says. Shot largely at Shinfield Studios in Berkshire, England, a new facility comprising 18 soundstages, it follows The Mandalorian, Andor, and Ashoka in the line of spin-offs commissioned for Disney+ in the age of streaming, which has seen huge budgets aimed at episodic shows over two-hour cinematic releases. “The crews are so hard core, they’re so hardworking, and it’s very kind of hierarchical and competitive, and people work their asses off,” she says. “It’s very different, I think, than what I’ve experienced on most American sets.”

Stenberg can’t share too much — or anything, really — about the plot of The Acolyte because Lucasfilm’s NDAs are notoriously restrictive. (“They’re already hacking into my phone right now. They’re listening,” she jokes.) What she can say is that it takes place in the High Republic era before Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace, which was released in 1999 and grossed just shy of $1 billion worldwide. It’s a prequel to the prequels, if you like — Lucas famously started his epic tale in 1977 on Episode IV: A New Hope.

“In the context of the Star Wars universe, it’s a time of great peace, theoretically,” Stenberg says. “It’s also a time of an institution, and it’s a time in which conceptions around the Force are very strict. And I think what we’re trying to explore within our show is when an institution has a singular conception of how power can be used…we try to provide a lot of different perspectives and answers to that question. The idea is to kind of honor the ethos of Star Wars and ideas around the Force and also challenge them, hopefully harmoniously.”
From the article ^

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
In reference to the article, wasnt Luke already doing this with his new Jedi order in the EU? I saw a video that said he allowed relationships and no age restrictions like the old order did.

I still hate how cryptic they are with this series

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
All i know is it better be good and not just a by the numbers tread. Andor bought some goodwill but they cant keep wasting this franchise.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
In:wow:

giphy.gif

Last edited: