Daps

FvmEwh5XgAEL-br

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
@bnew

Do you feel their going to have to take anonymity away from the internet? Not necessarily use your real name to create content, but content generation will have to be linked to a single ID?

I see this coming with the ability of deep fake technology scamming or harming people.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
@bnew

Do you feel their going to have to take anonymity away from the internet? Not necessarily use your real name to create content, but content generation will have to be linked to a single ID?

I see this coming with the ability of deep fake technology scamming or harming people.

they can try but it'll fail.

in the end people can build decentralized mesh networks that defeats using commercial ISP's if that were to ever be seriously proposed.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
they can try but it'll fail.

in the end people can build decentralized mesh networks that defeats using commercial ISP's if that were to ever be seriously proposed.
I'm not saying to access the internet, but to create content. What's stopping a rogue actor or a malware from creating false information or scamming people in such a mass attack it literally gridlocks decision-making or creates wide-spread credibility issues associated with the entity being falsified?

It's no different than someone who tampers with consumer products available to the public. It creates wide-spread panic and credibility issues if someone is able to create unverified content.

I mean shyt, we have bots on the board. What's to stop them from being creating posts in the near future spreading misinformation like the 5G towers causes covid like a few years ago?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm not saying to access the internet, but to create content. What's stopping a rogue actor or a malware from creating false information or scamming people in such a mass attack it literally gridlocks decision-making or creates wide-spread credibility issues associated with the entity being falsified?

It's no different than someone who tampers with consumer products available to the public. It creates wide-spread panic and credibility issues if someone is able to create unverified content.

I mean shyt, we have bots on the board. What's to stop them from being creators in the near future spreading misinformation like the 5G towers causes covid like a few years ago?

nothing is stopping them and nothing will, thats one of the reasons moderators exist.:manny: