The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They said Averette is going to take the snaps outside since Jimmy can't go :dahell: They need to have Carr out there and keep Averette as far away as possible. They're trying to force him out there because of his speed, 4.36 40, but I've said it before, he's a liability. He doesn't cover well, has no ball skills and poor instincts :scust: Just because someone has speed doesn't mean you can develop them into a good cb. Look what all that speed did for Fabian Washington :aicmon:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ronnie Stanley soft ass got graded a D+ for the Dolphins game :lupe:

Offensive Line Scoring vs. Dolphins 9/8/19 — Filmstudy

"Stanley:
Ronnie had a solid game in most respects, but 2 holding penalties ruined his score. He was beaten inside by Jerome Baker for a full pressure (Q3, 10:26). He appeared to again be beaten inside for a pressure by DE Charles Harris (Q3, 4:27), but I can see no evidence of a hold. At that point, the Ravens were enjoying a substantial lead both on the scoreboard and in flags, but Ronnie could be seen watching the video replay in frustration. Of 6 missed blocks, I have him beaten at the LoS on 4 by Harris. He had 5 blocks in level 2, 2 pancakes, and pulled successfully on his only attempt. On the first drive of the game, he blocked 2 men on the same highlight play (Q1, 11:49). I didn’t score it as a highlight, but he flattened the DT opposite Bozeman on the 83-yard TD pass to Brown and was signaling Lamar to run left with the field open. Fortunately, Lamar kept his eyes downfield and delivered the pay of the game after a leisurely 3.50 seconds in the pocket. He was retired for the day prior to the final drive and was replaced by Hurst.

Scoring: 57 plays, 50 blocks, 6 missed, 1 pressure, 2 offensive holding, 36 points (.63 per play). Adjusted that’s a D+..."

Then has the nerve to go on a podcast and say his physicality is the strongest part of his game :leon: :rudy:

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Suggs and Chandler Jones bout to give this boy the bidness :damn:

They're going to have to move the pocket a lot to keep Lamar from taking hits.

Last edited:

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Andrews, Hurst and Snead should all have good games against the Cards. Their safeties played way off the ball last week against the Lions and the underneath coverage was left to the lbs and corners. I don't think they will play much man on the Ravens like the Dolphins did, so Lamar is going to have to be even more crisp on his reads and throws. The Ravens should rely heavily on the run and playaction this week. We should see a lot of underneath throws and balls thrown to the flats. Hopefully the tight ends and slot receivers can make a guy miss and turn 2 yard gains into 20 yard gains. I still think the Ravens will blow them out though.

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ronnie Stanley soft ass got graded a D+ for the Dolphins game :lupe:

Offensive Line Scoring vs. Dolphins 9/8/19 — Filmstudy

"Stanley:
Ronnie had a solid game in most respects, but 2 holding penalties ruined his score. He was beaten inside by Jerome Baker for a full pressure (Q3, 10:26). He appeared to again be beaten inside for a pressure by DE Charles Harris (Q3, 4:27), but I can see no evidence of a hold. At that point, the Ravens were enjoying a substantial lead both on the scoreboard and in flags, but Ronnie could be seen watching the video replay in frustration. Of 6 missed blocks, I have him beaten at the LoS on 4 by Harris. He had 5 blocks in level 2, 2 pancakes, and pulled successfully on his only attempt. On the first drive of the game, he blocked 2 men on the same highlight play (Q1, 11:49). I didn’t score it as a highlight, but he flattened the DT opposite Bozeman on the 83-yard TD pass to Brown and was signaling Lamar to run left with the field open. Fortunately, Lamar kept his eyes downfield and delivered the pay of the game after a leisurely 3.50 seconds in the pocket. He was retired for the day prior to the final drive and was replaced by Hurst.

Scoring: 57 plays, 50 blocks, 6 missed, 1 pressure, 2 offensive holding, 36 points (.63 per play). Adjusted that’s a D+..."

Then has the nerve to go on a podcast and say his physicality is the strongest part of his game :leon: :rudy:

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Suggs and Chandler Jones bout to give this boy the bidness :damn:

They're going to have to move the pocket a lot to keep Lamar from taking hits.

To be honest I'm still a big fan of Stanley and I think it was a good pick but the o-line had a very good game on Sunday overall even if he was weak.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
To be honest I'm still a big fan of Stanley and I think it was a good pick but the o-line had a very good game on Sunday overall even if he was weak.

The O-line was solid and Lamar had all day to throw. I just couldn't believe what he said. It's like he's out of touch with his abilities. I still think Ramsey if available or Tunsil would've been a better pick, but Stanley has been decent so far. I just hope they don't over value him at the end of the season and get themselves in to another bad contract.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Stanley played well

Miami barely got any pressure but the few times they did it came from the right side which is strange considering dude gave Yanda and Orlando Brown A grades

I was one of the people who didnt like the Stanley pick and thought he was soft but i was wrong

I thought he played at a pro bowl level last year and he played well in week 1

that D+ grade is complete bullshyt

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They said Averette is going to take the snaps outside since Jimmy can't go :dahell: They need to have Carr out there and keep Averette as far away as possible. They're trying to force him out there because of his speed, 4.36 40, but I've said it before, he's a liability. He doesn't cover well, has no ball skills and poor instincts :scust: Just because someone has speed doesn't mean you can develop them into a good cb. Look what all that speed did for Fabian Washington :aicmon:
not a fan of Averett but he plays better outside than he does in the slot

dude looks completely lost in the slot

when Jimmy got hurt last week they played him outside and he was ok

i would worry if we didnt have good safeties but I think we'll be fine until Jimmy returns

if he does get torched they can always move Carr outside and give the slot snaps to Cyrus Jones

crazy that its only week 2 and we're already getting thin a CB

we all knew Jimmy would get hurt at some point but the Tavon injury really hurt us

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Whats the deal with Hurst?

1st round pick, but he's seems like he's the 3rd TE.

He's already 27 as well. Concern about him as a 1st round or the fact that Andrews is playing so well it doesn't matter?

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Whats the deal with Hurst?

1st round pick, but he's seems like he's the 3rd TE.

He's already 27 as well. Concern about him as a 1st round or the fact that Andrews is playing so well it doesn't matter?

IMO, nothing. Andrews is just that damn good. Boyle's the best blocker and the most experienced, so he's going to get his snaps. If not for Andrews, Hurst would probably have more snaps himself and better numbers. Hurst was picked in the mid 20's and unfortunately for him Andrews is displaying top 10 talent and production.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

welp,we tried :yeshrug:

:wow:

He would've solved the secondary issues for the season and potentially the next couple seasons if the Ravens were able to hash out a deal in principle for a contract extension, but imo the Jags were asking for too much. Ramsey will either be traded to the Eagles, Seahawks or remain with the Jags. The Ravens need to be careful about trading Hurst too. Andrews is amazing, but if he gets injured, Hurst is the only TE on the roster that can even sniff that level of production.