The 2019 Baltimore Ravens Thread

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202

This is interesting to me. Oz says that there really won't be much change, but then why would DeCosta stay if he doesn't have total control?

Like @J-Fire said, teams come after DeCosta every offseason. He'd get to run the show 100% with any of those teams, I'm guessing.

If you've got the ex-GM still hanging around with "very little" changing, then basically it just sounds like an official title swap.

Whatever, I just hope that whoever's running this draft knocks it out, 'cause we need a talent infusion (especially on O) bad.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have feeling DeCosta has been running the draft for few year. If i am the jets i just hand ozzie a check to run foitball ops.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have feeling DeCosta has been running the draft for few year. If i am the jets i just hand ozzie a check to run foitball ops.
He has,they said it themselves a few years ago

Hes been running the scout department and draft since he got promoted to assistant GM in 2012

Harbaugh also has had a say in who we draft since 2013

They say Ozzie will stay with the team as a consultant/senior scout but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he left after the season for another job

Pretty sure a few teams will offer him the president of football operations title and give him full control

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

This is interesting to me. Oz says that there really won't be much change, but then why would DeCosta stay if he doesn't have total control?

Like @J-Fire said, teams come after DeCosta every offseason. He'd get to run the show 100% with any of those teams, I'm guessing.

If you've got the ex-GM still hanging around with "very little" changing, then basically it just sounds like an official title swap.

Whatever, I just hope that whoever's running this draft knocks it out, 'cause we need a talent infusion (especially on O) bad.

To me that just sounds like Ozzie isn’t happy with the move

He’s definitely throwing shade by saying DeCosta will only have the GM title and nothing will change

This lets me know that 5 year plan talk was bs

I don’t think its a title swap tho

DeCosta is definitely getting full power.I just think Ozzie hasn’t accepted that fact yet

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So he could miss the playoffs a fourth year in a row and five times in six years and still keep his job?! fukk his birth name. I’m calling him Jeff Fisher from now on.

:dwillhuh:

Thought about and now decided to keep him regardless what happens next year :aicmon:
He didn’t say he would keep him regardless,just said his future is dependent on rather we make the playoffs next year

The fact that he contemplated getting rid of him this offseason shows Harbs is definitely on the hot seat

He basically said he decided to keep him because we’re close and only missed the playoffs because of 1 play

If we take a step back next year which is likely I think we’ll probably see them clean house and let DeCosta hire his own coach and draft his own qb to start his tenure as GM

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He didn’t say he would keep him regardless,just said his future is dependent on rather we make the playoffs next year

The fact that he contemplated getting rid of him this offseason shows Harbs is definitely on the hot seat

He basically said he decided to keep him because we’re close and only missed the playoffs because of 1 play

If we take a step back next year which is likely I think we’ll probably see them clean house and let DeCosta hire his own coach and draft his own qb to start his tenure as GM
Pretty sure a year ago they said that 2017 was playoffs or bust since once again they had so many close losses. They’ll have wasted an extra two years by the next offseason. Just get the rebuild started already. You know this coach isn’t any good and the quarterback is long past his peak. I see no sense in treading water with them for yet another season.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Pretty sure a year ago they said that 2017 was playoffs or bust since once again they had so many close losses. They’ll have wasted an extra two years by the next offseason. Just get the rebuild started already. You know this coach isn’t any good and the quarterback is long past his peak. I see no sense in treading water with them for yet another season.
I think the Flacco contract is delaying the rebuild

Its not fair to the next coach to stick him with Flacco and that contract

Harbs and Flacco are tied to the hip

I think they both will go at the same time

2019 we can start fresh with a new GM,coach,and QB

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Yeah he said he thought about getting rid of him but decided against it

He also said next year isn’t a make the playoffs or you’re fired situation for Harbs
when he said that I just know no matter what harbaugh ain't going no where along with joe they might fukk around and give them both a extension next year smh

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I don’t know how the hell we only got a 6th for Wagner but hopefully this makes them stop just letting players walk just to get these low ass compensatory picks