The 2019-20 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Wacha signed with the Mets today
I'd give Bumgarner $100 mil and realize that's a third of what the Yankees gave Cole.
I've always liked Bumgarner but a SP with a fastball around 90 in the AL is generally not a recipe for success. I couldn't do it. Is that piece of shyt Trevor Bauer on the block or is Cincy riding it out with him?

Do the Halos have anybody besides Adell in their system?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols, and now Anthony Rendon will fade into irrelevancy by signing with the Angels.

fine by me. Angels wanna be the west coast Yankees with a fraction of a percent of the success rate. At least the NL East won’t have to deal with Rendon and he still got his money. I guess the Nats were for real when they said they didn’t have the bread for him and Strasburg

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
fine by me. Angels wanna be the west coast Yankees with a fraction of a percent of the success rate. At least the NL East won’t have to deal with Rendon and he still got his money. I guess the Nats were for real when they said they didn’t have the bread for him and Strasburg
Mike Rizzo has a plan in place. I don’t know if he wants to pay Donaldson or trade for Kris Bryant or what? Thing is if he signs Donaldson he could put Carter Kieboom at 2B to maybe split time with Howie. I don’t know if Kieboom can play 3B. If they trade for Bryant then they’re giving up Kieboom. Should be interesting :blessed:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bumgarner is gonna get overpaid. The only team he makes sense for is the Dodgers.

For one they can afford to overpay players and they also don’t need him to be great in the regular season to make the playoffs.

they know there making the playoffs and Bum is one of the only pitchers where the playoffs aren’t a crapshoot for. You know what he’s gonna do in the offs.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m gonna need the White Sox to land either Ryu or Kuechel. Also I don’t see why they don’t throw a one year deal at Encarnacion as a one year stop gap at DH until Vaughn is ready to come up to play 1B and then move Abreu to DH. They have the money to burn, seems like a no brainer? Why platoon our two backup catchers (Collins/McCann) when he’s on the market and would likely take a one year deal?

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this from Ken Rosenthal and thought about this thread

Bryant: Not necessarily a fit for Braves

Bryant ranked 15th in the NL with a .903 OPS in 2019, but he has dropped from 14th to 22nd to 31st in defensive runs saved at third base the past three seasons, which is one reason the Braves and other clubs are not necessarily enamored with him at the position.

Naturally, the Cubs will want a presentable return for a player who was the 2016 NL MVP. Bryant, 27, also will be expensive, though not as expensive as Donaldson will be as a free agent, and for fewer years.

MLBTradeRumors.com projects Bryant to earn $18.5 million in arbitration, and his number will be even higher in 2021 — again, assuming that he has two seasons of club control remaining instead of one.

Eventually, the Braves must make a choice.

If they fail to trade for Bryant, re-sign Donaldson or sign free-agent outfielder Marcell Ozuna — a player in whom they currently have only limited interest, according to sources — they might be down to new catcher Travis d’Arnaud as their cleanup hitter. Such a plan would be dubious, considering d’Arnaud will not play every day.

The Braves won the NL East in 2018 with a non-traditional cleanup hitter — Nick Markakis, who, like No. 3 hitter Freddie Freeman, bats left-handed. That said, the team obviously would benefit from an upgrade over Austin Riley and/or Johan Camargo at third base. Riley remains unproven and Camargo regressed with reduced playing time last season.