The 2018 Oscars: Get Out!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, just a strange movie in a sense and very forgettable. Nolan has to do better than that from a story telling aspect.

For me it’s weird he’s just been like fukk character. He’s almost doing the same thing Lucas did with the prequels in that he’s more engaged with the tools and mechanics of filmmaking rather than the people or emotions needed to connect the bigger parts. He’s all about process and timing and he’s great at that stuff. A Nolan movie always looks great. Always sounds great. It’ll always be perfect from a technical standpoint. But story and character seem to keep tripping him up. Or he just doesn’t give a shyt

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
For me it’s weird he’s just been like fukk character. He’s almost doing the same thing Lucas did with the prequels in that he’s more engaged with the tools and mechanics of filmmaking rather than the people or emotions needed to connect the bigger parts. He’s all about process and timing and he’s great at that stuff. A Nolan movie always looks great. Always sounds great. It’ll always be perfect from a technical standpoint. But story and character seem to keep tripping him up. Or he just doesn’t give a shyt
I think he cares but maybe he just feels movies are all the same and hes gonna go left with it. Do we know what his next movie might be about?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Jordan won...but per certain parts of thecoli.com, he ain't black :beli:
Hes not the only reason he, halle barry and vanessa williams types are labelled "black" is because some racist cac long ago deemed their white blood impure. The fact AAs are so desperate to see a winner that they claim all these poc with a 1/4 or 1/2 of black blood at best is pathetic..

Y'all give that supremacy too much power over you:hhh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
a lot of angry ppl for no reason the last few pages:dead: the shape of water was the best of 2017 and will still be talked about 5+ years from now:blessed: despite what the coli hot take experts are saying

backstory?

ryan seacrest's ex-stylist came out and said he sexually harassed her several years ago and did it for a few years. apparently E! knew about it but kept it under wraps and dismissed her claims.

Daps
Congrats to Sam Rockwell. Dude kills it in all of the roles I've seen him in.
a54f884a7fcb9c708cb89e7c65ce1a3d079aa8277821fd0cea4867442e486e10.gif

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
a lot of angry ppl for no reason the last few pages:dead: the shape of water was the best of 2017 and will still be talked about 5+ years from now:blessed: despite what the coli hot take experts are saying

ryan seacrest's ex-stylist came out and said he sexually harassed her several years ago and did it for a few years. apparently E! knew about it but kept it under wraps and dismissed her claims.
Lol i think Shape of water will be forgotten in 3 months

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i think when fantasy movies are talked about the shape of water will get mentioned as one of the best of all time or when ppl talk about del toro's best work.

Yup. And he’s going down as one of the greats so it’ll be on his resume. You’ll have fans who say it’s his best. Others will say it’s not. It’ll be a debate. Is it the cultural earthquake of get out? No. But that doesn’t make it bad or forgettable.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
What about the movie didn't you like?
I'm really happy for Del Toro as I feel he's been long over due for an Oscar. I don't dislike Shape of Water. I just feel there were three or four movies that clearly surpassed it in quality. Shape of Water is an enjoyable watch but I think films like Get Out, Call Me By Your Name, Phantom Thread, and 3 Billboards were much more layered, challenging, and left you with something to think about after watching them. Shape of Water is technically great, but I think Dunkirk and Phantom Thread exceed it in technical categories as well. And while it has nothing to do with this year's awards, Shape of Water most likely wouldn't crack my top 3 of Del Toro's best films:yeshrug: