The 2018 Oscars: Get Out!

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I do wish they had transparency as my man bill simmons says.

We see voting results for everything else in life, why not the oscars!?

I wanna know how close this shyt really was.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Calling shape of water the best fantasy film of all time is insulting to the fantasy genre.:hhh:

Everything about shape of water was surface level,they even have a character be racist for 1 scene and then never touch on it again, but nobody says anything on here about it. Because it was just surface level like the rest of the film. It was cartoony like the rest of it.

If this film didn't take place above a movie theatre,didn't have constant references to older films,didn't have a musical number and didn't take place in the golden era for academy members it wouldn't have even been nominated. All that shyt was calculated Oscar bait and it worked.:hhh:,

It's a forgettable film that doesn't have anything to say that hasn't been said by about a dozen animated children's films.:camby:

In 5 years people are going to be talking about how shape of water won because of how old the academy is,and that get out was the rightful winner. They got it wrong,again, and the ratings reflect it.

you a funny guy for this. pan's labryinth is considered a top tier fantasy movie. the shape of water is at worst on par with that. facts.

and your comment about the 1 racist scene is way out of left field....but there were racial tones throughout the whole movie. michael shannon told olivia spencer "your people usually have a big family" or something like that, richard jenkins said he didn't wanna see the tv when it showed blacks getting hit by a fire hose on tv because it's awful and then the black couple at the diner. you probably would've noticed if you weren't so upset and thinking about walking out tho:rolleyes:

you're really holding onto this surface level argument. the oscars decided, the reviews are in and it's going down as one of the best.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
you a funny guy for this. pan's labryinth is considered a top tier fantasy movie. the shape of water is at worst on par with that. facts.

and your comment about the 1 racist scene is way out of left field....but there were racial tones throughout the whole movie. michael shannon told olivia spencer "your people usually have a big family" or something like that, richard jenkins said he didn't wanna see the tv when it showed blacks getting hit by a fire hose on tv because it's awful and then the black couple at the diner. you probably would've noticed if you weren't so upset and thinking about walking out tho:rolleyes:

you're really holding onto this surface level argument. the oscars decided, the reviews are in and it's going down as one of the best.
And none of those scenes amounted to a fukking thing. Just more window dressing Oscar bait like the entire film.

It's going down as one of the worst Oscar winners ever,with the likes of crash,Shakespeare in love and the kings speech.

Sorry but the academy is made up of a vast majority of 60-80 year old white men. This is a fact. I wouldn't be too proud to beat your chest about having the same taste.

Shape of water is going down as the winner of the lowest rated Oscars in history. :heh:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
And none of those scenes amounted to a fukking thing. Just more window dressing Oscar bait like the entire film.

It's going down as one of the worst Oscar winners ever,with the likes of crash,Shakespeare in love and the kings speech.

Sorry but the academy is made up of a vast majority of 60-80 year old white men. This is a fact. I wouldn't be too proud to beat your chest about having the same taste.

Shape of water is going down as the winner of the lowest rated Oscars in history. :heh:

it beat the most overrated movie in history and del toro have a best picture film on his resume so i'm happy with it.

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes because the one drop rule is a figment of my imagination, fuking clown
Unlike you, many other human beings don't judge other human beings by their exact skin color. Stop living in 1918. Racists receive everyone who's not "entirely white" (yeah even someone like Dwayne Johnson) as black, one drop rule whatever. Clown shyt for retards, don't fall into that trap. Perception isn't reality. Black or asian or whatever, if one's racist or judgmental because of your skin and race, you won't change their minds, let them die dumb and mind your own business. When complexion and the exact brightness of skin comes into play, things get comically stupid. Thanks for reminding us

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
More people watched that episode of This is Us where they showed Jack's death than this 4 hour strokefest

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Unlike you, many other human beings don't judge other human beings by their exact skin color.
put down the blunt clown

Ps if one of peele's parents are caucasian how is he black? its dumb to try and re-categorize whats staring you in the face just because there is a shortage of blacks winning

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Glad Peele won. Not mad at Del Toro or Oldman for winning even tho IMO the work they won for isn't their best work. Time will tell how these things age... I'm not with the media sensationalism where everything is considered an instant classic/great right away.

Just wish these award shows weren't so damn predictable the sweeps where one or 2 movies/actors/actresses, etc win every award show over and over makes them not even worth watching... they need to make it more interesting especially when you have a lineup of people like Gary Oldman, Denzel Washington and DDL competing against each other....

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I do wish they had transparency as my man bill simmons says.

We see voting results for everything else in life, why not the oscars!?

I wanna know how close this shyt really was.

I'd really like to know how close Bill Murray and Mickey Rourke were winning to Best Actor. Both of whom, were beat by Sean Penn. :scusthov:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah my taste in music evolved during middle school and high school. Movies wasn’t really till I got to St. John’s and was able to get my hands on different shyt and started absorbing so much info
Don't try and get away with no bs about your taste in movies changing I know BTTF been yo sacred text then, now, and always. :ufdup: