The 1st season ratings are in. Will OKOP be cancelled ASAP? -CANCELLED

What happens to the Our Kind of People tv series?

• RENEWED for Season 2. Meet Donnie, he's a friend of OURS

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • CANCELLED...Sorry, you're not my KIND of girl

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • COMPLETES SEASON .....One year rental

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
???
If Lucket was on the show, a tweet from Beyonce telling her fans to support her former band-mate would help boost the ratings. The woman who replaced her in the cast is probably a better actress, but doesn't have the name or drawing power of Lucket.

Empire ran for 6 seasons. Enough episodes to be syndicated. It was a successful show

Latoya Lucket doesn't have the name or drawing power that you think she does breh :laff:

Also, just because Beyonce tweets something doesn't mean that her fans will actually listen and consume the product that she's referring to. Celebrities promote shyt all the time that still flops, so a tweet means nothing.

Just face it, the show was DOA and nothing was going to change it. It's not even big of a deal as it's hard to make it on primetime television these days and Morris Chestnut can tell you that.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
According to what I've read it's 5 episodes in the season. Now whether that was intentional or they're waiting on a full season pickup order, I'm not sure.

Fox has the baseball playoffs and World Series.
Regular programming comes back after that. OKOP resumes the season on Nov 2nd or 9th with episode 6.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Definitely picked that it would be cancelled mid-season. So you weren’t alone.

And the fact that they have been running through the plot so fast makes believe that they did too.

These days, a lot of networks aren't cancelling shows midseason, but instead just not picking up extra episodes and letting them finish out the season order. It also helps that the ratings landscape across all of television is trash.