The 1st season ratings are in. Will OKOP be cancelled ASAP? -CANCELLED

What happens to the Our Kind of People tv series?

• RENEWED for Season 2. Meet Donnie, he's a friend of OURS

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • CANCELLED...Sorry, you're not my KIND of girl

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • COMPLETES SEASON .....One year rental

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Definitely picked that it would be cancelled mid-season. So you weren’t alone.

And the fact that they have been running through the plot so fast makes believe that they did too.
I believe they're still shooting. I think the writers might pull out all the stops now, and either try to go out with a bang or attempt to crank up the ratings. Nothing to lose.

I haven't watched the show, though I've tracked the ratings and cast. Speaking of which, I read that "Shelby" is in the cast.

back-in-effect.gif

Well, the gang's all back in effect, break out the 40s.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I believe they're still shooting. I think the writers might pull out all the stops now, and either try to go out with a bang or attempt to crank up the ratings. Nothing to lose.

I haven't watched the show, though I've tracked the ratings and cast. Speaking of which, I read that "Shelby" is in the cast.

back-in-effect.gif

Well, the gang's all back in effect, break out the 40s.

Two weeks left of filming I believe.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Joe Morton Talks FOX’s ‘Our Kind of People,’ Black Wealth and That Iconic ‘A Different World’ Wedding Scene

11/19/21

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They waited too long to produce OKOP.

The kind of show they're making is already on the air.
Black soap operas with affluent old money characters air on different channels. Scripted versions, and the reality shows showing new money affluent wives of entertainers.

Would have been novel if it aired years ago. Would be novel now if they stuck closer to the book.

In 2021, it's just another generic primetime Black soap opera.

Another one coming in January

Our Kind of Vintners

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Got me over here looking stupid and shyt. Rep. :mjlol:
It’s all good brudda. I celebrated the wife’s birthday out there some years ago. We hired a company to take us on a tour of vineyards, which theirs was excluded from:mjpls:. They have a nice bar in downtown Napa and their selection is pretty good. Their wine glasses were pricy but I copped a couple for special occasions and had a case shipped back to NYC to support.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They are a Jamaican/Panamanian family too.
Wow.
I think that part of their story is incorporated into the storyline of the series.

Found out that the executive producer of this series, was one of the EP's for the Self Made series. Janine Sherman Barrios(front right)
maxresdefault.jpg

Ms. Bundles' reaction to that series is well documented here. heheheh She threw that series under the salon chair afterwards.
The Brown family appears to have signed off on this soap opera fictional account of their story. Hope they're happy with the final product.