The 1st season ratings are in. Will OKOP be cancelled ASAP? -CANCELLED

What happens to the Our Kind of People tv series?

• RENEWED for Season 2. Meet Donnie, he's a friend of OURS

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • CANCELLED...Sorry, you're not my KIND of girl

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • COMPLETES SEASON .....One year rental

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
But anyway.. maybe this gets renewed for one more season... but this is a 2 season show max. And that's all dependent really on if Fox has other shows in the pipeline.

This would have been something before Empire, Power, Snowfall, that one stripper show, etc.. but not now

shiiit that strike might kill this show

invalid

Banned
Daps
They waited too long to produce OKOP.

The kind of show they're making is already on the air.
Black soap operas with affluent old money characters air on different channels. Scripted versions, and the reality shows showing new money affluent wives of entertainers.

Would have been novel if it aired years ago. Would be novel now if they stuck closer to the book.

In 2021, it's just another generic primetime Black soap opera.

This is true.
I totally forgot about this but they even had a reality tv show called BAPs (Black American Princes/Princesses) which followed the real life Jack and Jill/BGLO/Links set in St. Louis. And I even liked the show but it got canceled after the first season.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The Equalizer’s weren’t that bad compared to the ratings for this show.
Equalizer is on CBS. All their shyt gets renewed and has good to great ratings. Fox has multiple duds a year. If you watch football you’ve probably seen hundreds of ads for new Fox shows that end up getting cancelled after 1-2 seasons lmao.

Fox tends to aim at black audiences a lot. Empire was a smash hit but for whatever reason this show isn’t connecting. Too bougie? Not enough sex (including gay sex)? Dunno, I’ve never seen it. But when I saw the teasers (while watching football lol) I just assumed it would be popular. Attractive cast, drama, fukkery…

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
what does the ratings mean?
how do i know that a .35 is a good/bad rating?
in relation to what?
Here are the tv network ratings for 10/06

ten-six.png

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I forgot about it the 2nd week.

I think they complete the 1st season. Possibly another station picks it up.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Equalizer is on CBS. All their shyt gets renewed and has good to great ratings. Fox has multiple duds a year. If you watch football you’ve probably seen hundreds of ads for new Fox shows that end up getting cancelled after 1-2 seasons lmao.

Fox tends to aim at black audiences a lot. Empire was a smash hit but for whatever reason this show isn’t connecting. Too bougie? Not enough sex (including gay sex)? Dunno, I’ve never seen it. But when I saw the teasers (while watching football lol) I just assumed it would be popular. Attractive cast, drama, fukkery…

I personally find the show rather boring with a lead that’s just not that good of an actor and no characters that particularly stand out. Fox could literally replace the show with reruns or reality TV and get the same ratings or even better.

I knew YaYa was making a mistake the moment she dipped from Chicago Med the moment it was announced that she was leaving.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
break this down for the slow people like me.:pachaha:

what does the 0.3 represent vs. the 0.8 rating? at what rating does shows usually get axed?

The first column of numbers represents the key demographic for advertisers....consumers aged 18-49. The numbers under that column, the ratings, represent which portion of the tv watching demo group watched that television show. 1 point equals roughly 1%.

For the 9pm time slot
The NBC show got .6 %
the CBS show got .5%
the FOX show got .3%

NBC had twice as many viewers(18-49) in the timeslot as Fox

The OP graphic shows that OKOP has lost the share of that key demographic for the last two episodes, from .35 to .34 to .30. I think its come in 3-4th in it's time slot each episode, and it's overall viewership has fallen each episode.

Execs at Fox had a number that they projected for the show to hit and maintain in the key demo group. Depending on how strongly they feel about the show, they will try to shake things up to boost ratings or pull the plug. Don't know what the projected number was.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
But anyway.. maybe this gets renewed for one more season... but this is a 2 season show max. And that's all dependent really on if Fox has other shows in the pipeline.

This would have been something before Empire, Power, Snowfall, that one stripper show, etc.. but not now

shiiit that strike might kill this show

Yup.

Black scripted television has basically become the Drug Dealer Lifestyle Network: BMF, Power, Power Book 2: Ghost, Power book 3: Raising Kanan, Snowfall, Empire, Godfather of Harlem.

Given that topic overload, what would be the audience in 2021 for this subject matter?

tater

Superstar
Daps
The show is terrible. Yaya is not a good actress and her character has a really off putting attitude. To be the main character with her story, you would think you would root for her. Not one of the main characters has any redeeming qualities. The show is poorly written, has an awkward pace, and is extremely predictable.

I always root for a black show to succeed, but this just ain't it.