The 1st season ratings are in. Will OKOP be cancelled ASAP? -CANCELLED

What happens to the Our Kind of People tv series?

• RENEWED for Season 2. Meet Donnie, he's a friend of OURS

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • CANCELLED...Sorry, you're not my KIND of girl

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • COMPLETES SEASON .....One year rental

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The Equalizer’s weren’t that bad compared to the ratings for this show.

The bits and pieces I saw from the Equalizer were laughably bad. I mean comically terrible. It's been a while since I seen something that terrible. I remember when the trailer dropped and there was a thread on here asking who greenlit that project. I guess there's a market for that kind of bad television. Granted the Equalizer is a brand, but still one would think there would be an audience for OKOP considering all the other crap on television.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Yep.

Why you think MTV airs nothing but Ridiculousness reruns all day every day? :francis:
NFL is the only thing bring in high viewers. Family fued syndications are beating all television shows outside of sports. shyt is sad. Family fued is the highest rated non-sport thing followed by jeopardy :dead:

Top 10s: TV Ratings, Video Games, SVOD

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
NFL is the only thing bring in high viewers. Family fued syndications are beating all television shows outside of sports. shyt is sad. Family fued is the highest rated non-sport thing followed by jeopardy :dead:

Top 10s: TV Ratings, Video Games, SVOD

Which is exactly the reason why you’re seeing the pivot towards to reality TV and game shows as it’s cheaper producer with the same ratings or even better that scripted content.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I watched the first episode

the show is moving too fast, wayyy too many storylines thrown into one episode, it has predictable fukkery. I also thought Yaya wasn’t that good of an actress to be a main character..

Imma give it three episodes but I don’t think there will be a season 2

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I watched the first episode

the show is moving too fast, wayyy too many storylines thrown into one episode, it has predictable fukkery. I also thought Yaya wasn’t that good of an actress to be a main character..

Imma give it three episodes but I don’t think there will be a season 2

Sounds similar to another Lee Daniel’s show :jbhmm:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The bits and pieces I saw from the Equalizer were laughably bad. I mean comically terrible. It's been a while since I seen something that terrible. I remember when the trailer dropped and there was a thread on here asking who greenlit that project. I guess there's a market for that kind of bad television. Granted the Equalizer is a brand, but still one would think there would be an audience for OKOP considering all the other crap on television.
They waited too long to produce OKOP.

The kind of show they're making is already on the air.
Black soap operas with affluent old money characters air on different channels. Scripted versions, and the reality shows showing new money affluent wives of entertainers.

Would have been novel if it aired years ago. Would be novel now if they stuck closer to the book.

In 2021, it's just another generic primetime Black soap opera.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
seshhhh that thing might be done before it ends its first run.
We said the same shyt about The Equalizer :heh:

Cs3uszS.gif

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t watched it. The trailer clips didn’t make me want to see it and I usually support black shoes but this wasn’t it for me. I’m not the target audience.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Who knows. I haven't watched it, not really interested. But Latifah's show got renewed. Stranger things have happened.
The Equalizer got 20M viewers on its premiere and was averaging 7M outside of that. Apples and oranges would be an understatement.

invalid

Banned
Daps
235046528_203083668540036_5872845628900590345_n.png

week-3.jpg

Do you think the show gets renewed for another season, gets the axe before this run is over, or completes this season and doesn't come back on FOX?

Ratings chart will be updated weekly.
Poll closes when a decision is made or when the season ends

what does the ratings mean?
how do i know that a .35 is a good/bad rating?
in relation to what?