The 100 greatest video games of all time, ranked by experts. -GQ

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This looks like a list made by someone who doesn't actually play videogames, but "Researched" the topic and constructed a list. I don't play competitive shooters, nor sports titles, but the gaming community needs recognize the bread and butter of its industry. Look at the top ten games for Playstation or Xbox for any given year, and the top 7 titles will be a combination of FIFA, NBA2K, COD, Madden, and Battlefield games. Tetris would be the only game I would add to my list.

No its a list a bunch of people that write, talk, and create games came together and agreed upon. Sports games and COD aren’t part of these conversations, they are annual low tier cash grabs.

You expect Madden 22 to be on a greatest games of all time list?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The link to the list is literally at the bottom of the post
it's a list of 100 games, with descriptions and pictures. just give people a simple list of what they want to know. then if they want more, they can go read the article

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's a list of 100 games, with descriptions and pictures. just give people a simple list of what they want to know. then if they want more, they can go read the article
I don't know what people want to know or don't, and a lot of people, myself included like to go through list and see the top results for themselves.

Rather than post up anything especially 10-1 I purposely just posted the link at the bottom for people that are curious for themselves.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
listen am a horror and RPG guy

but no sports games
no call of duty
mortal kombat?
No Arcade games
no Beatem ups

etc

Last of us is a great acting in a game but the game play is basically like every third person action game released between 07-15

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
No its a list a bunch of people that write, talk, and create games came together and agreed upon. Sports games and COD aren’t part of these conversations, they are annual low tier cash grabs.

Whether we are talking Sports, fine art, music, movie/television, influence is a key contributor to the selection of any GOAT list. Can you explain what major influence even half of these games provided the industry? Games like Doom, Grand Theft Auto III, Legend of Zelda, Half Life, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, NBA Live: Bulls vs Blazers, are a small list of games that were just as popular, critically lauded, but actually changed the way other developers made their games for years to come. Now those are just examples of games, not necessarily ones I'd put on my list, but far more worthy than The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, or Breath of the Wild.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whether we are talking Sports, fine art, music, movie/television, influence is a key contributor to the selection of any GOAT list. Can you explain what major influence even half of these games provided the industry? Games like Doom, Grand Theft Auto III, Legend of Zelda, Half Life, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, NBA Live: Bulls vs Blazers, are a small list of games that were just as popular, critically lauded, but actually changed the way other developers made their games for years to come. Now those are just examples of games, not necessarily ones I'd put on my list, but far more worthy than The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, or Breath of the Wild.

This list isn’t any one persons opinion its a aggregate of picks from industry professionals. Theres literally nothing to argue here. There’s no science to making a game list

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

These lists are always trash but I do think you can include exceptional sports games and shooters on there. (There is a COD on the the list btw)

You can make the argument that NBA2K12 is the best sports game ever and that series has been one of the highest selling/most popular franchises of all time, so how does it not make the list?:jbhmm:

nba2k12-1665504524388.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
These lists are always trash but I do think you can include exceptional sports games and shooters on there. (There is a COD on the the list btw)

You can make the argument that NBA2K12 is the best sports game ever and that series has been one of the highest selling/most popular franchises of all time, so how does it not make the list?:jbhmm:

nba2k12-1665504524388.jpg

Because it wasn’t picked. Like i said, this is an aggregate of what industry professionals ranked in their top 10, not a scientific study. Its not bullshyt, you just got a different list then they do

Daps

A list without NBA Jam, Tecmo Super Bowl, NFL 2K5, NHL '94, is a fraud list.

There's a lot of recency bias in this list, and also a tendency toward games that have some sort of narrative that a bunch of people can point to as games-as-art proof.

If we're going to accept that this list is one from industry insiders. then industry insiders are woefully ignorant about the richness and diversity of their own fukking industry. That's scary.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the methodology was to have 239 people list their top 10 games. the number 1 game on those lists was given 10 points, down to 1 point for the number 10 game. this resulted in 652 games getting one point or more

this kind of study is subject to a lot of recency bias, as well as people just forgetting about certain games