The 100 greatest video games of all time, ranked by experts. -GQ

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

List is suspect but I can also understand why it looks like this.

Greatest games of all time lists have, for all time, gone the same way; a team of video game journalists sit down and put together a ranking that is almost predetermined – a seemingly canonical hall of fame that attempts to cover off as many bases as possible. Here at GQ, we thought we’d embrace chaos instead. Rather than shuffle Ocarina of Time, Dark Souls and Ico across a big list according to our own whims, we decided to get our friends involved.

So we gave the industry at large a blank canvas on which to determine their own criteria of “best”, to see where the chosen games differ – and where they’re similar – to the traditionally accepted canon. That meant gathering together a massive collective of our favourite developers, streamers, directors and journalists in the business. Think of it as an “Avengers assemble” moment.

Each voter had one task: pick a personally ranked top ten list. A game in first receives 10 points. A game in 10th place receives 1 point. We invited 300 individuals to participate, and received 239 final lists with an incredible 652 games receiving one vote or more. Our winner not only received the most votes, but also placed in people’s Number 1 more than any other rival.

For us, the full list is one of many different stories, from surprising newcomers like 2019’s Disco Elysium making an incredibly deep run in the rankings, to a complete absence of mega-franchise names such as Assassin’s Creed. It’s a mix of new, old and very old, with blockbusters and indies, from every genre and from studios in every corner of the world. There are familiar faces – often in surprising places – and a couple of inclusions we didn’t simply didn’t expect. You can see how it all shook out below…

Last edited:

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
list seems random as hell

like they didn't want the top 5 to be all very recent games so they threw in tetris lol

aint elden ring like the consensus best souls game too?

I've tried to get into witcher 3 like 5 times and I always quit cause it's boring as shyt. apparently I'm missing out on a true classic that's better than mgs, any mario game, any final fantasy and any street fighter lol

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
This looks like a list made by someone who doesn't actually play videogames, but "Researched" the topic and constructed a list. I don't play competitive shooters, nor sports titles, but the gaming community needs recognize the bread and butter of its industry. Look at the top ten games for Playstation or Xbox for any given year, and the top 7 titles will be a combination of FIFA, NBA2K, COD, Madden, and Battlefield games. Tetris would be the only game I would add to my list.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one else thinks its ABSOLUTELY INSANE to make a thread about how wrong a list is and how you don’t agree with it and not even post the list? :dahell:

This nikka really in here fear mongering.

The link to list is at the bottom of the post. But I guess you didn't get that far.

I also said I don't agree with the list but understand why it's like it is.

:camby:

I didn't want to just post the top 10 like you did and let me actually go through the list and get to it if they were interested.

:smh: