"That's So Raven" Sequel Series "Raven's Home" thread (7/20/17 update: opening intro)

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I hope one of the kids has telekinesis or some kind of active ability. Raven is a HM but i'm looking forward to this.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
show was good/funny and she used to be really cute, to me anyway. them adding in the kids kinda turns me off tho. same reason i didnt give girl meets world a chance even tho i loved the original growing up.
:yeshrug:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Disney Channel’s That’s So Raven follow-up will debut on an especially magical night.

Raven’s Home, in which Raven-Symoné reprises the title role after 10 years, will launch on Friday, July 21 at 10/9c, following the world premiere of Descendants 2, TVLine has learned.

The pre-premiere festivities begin June 1, when all four seasons of That’s So Raven will be available to watch on the Disney Channel app and On Demand. Once fans have completed their binge, they can test their knowledge of the show with a series of games and quizzes, available on the app beginning June 8.

Additionally, TVLine has your exclusive first look at the logo for Raven’s Home, a typographical homage to the original:

ravens-home-logo.jpg

(In case you’re too embarrassed to ask, we did it for you: According to a Disney Channel rep, the series is pronounced possessively, rather than as an exclamation. Like, it’s a home that belongs to Raven; she isn’t announcing, “Raven’s home!” #TheMoreYouKnow)

Raven’s Home follows the titular psychic and her BFF Chelsea (Anneliese van der Pol), both divorced single mothers, as they raise their children in a house together. And as the official description warns, things are about to get a little crazy:

Raven still catches glimpses of the future but she’s not the only one in the family who does — Booker (played by Issac Ryan Brown) has the same ability. While Booker uses his newly found power to try and make sense of middle school and his new family life, Raven uses her power to help her be a better mom, a great fashion designer and awesome friend. Hilarity ensues as Raven and Booker’s visions collide, but no matter the situation, they figure everything out together as one big happy family.

The cast also includes Navia Robinson (Being Mary Jane) as Booker’s twin sister Nia, Jason Maybaum (Superstore) as Chelsea’s son Levi, and Sky Katz (America’s Got Talent) as their neighbor Tess.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
For fukkery they should have said that Eddie was a father but ran out on them:laff::laff::laff::laff:
When ratings got low they could have brought him back in as the father missing his children and Raven holding a grudge because he was rapper who got big and told all his friends about his sexual encounters with Raven:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Get excited That’s So Raven fans because Jonathan McDaniel, aka Devon Carter will be returning to the show! If you are a That’s So Raven fan, you know that Devon was Raven’s boyfriend during seasons two through four. He was her longtime crush before dreams came true and they become an item before he moved to Seattle where they then made it work long distance. Turns out that the characters stayed together after the show ended, got married, and had two kids together. Sad news, is that they got a divorce. As far as what happened between the two of them? We’ll just have to wait and see when then show airs on July 21st. Anneliese van der Pol aka Chelsea Daniels posted a cute photo with Jonathan on Twitter teasing fans with what’s to come. Jonathan also announced his return to Disney Channel on instagram by thanking fans for their continued support. Now that we have Devon Carter returning from the original cast, fans can’t help but to wonder who else will be reprising their role. Anyone else vote for a Boyz N Motion reunion? Tell me in the comments who you would want to see make a comeback! Thanks for watching Clevver News, I’m your host Drew Dorsey and I’ll see you next time.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Ooooh that drug called nostalgia...

giphy.gif

They snort it up like candy.

No way they bring in Orlando :mjlol: That nikka reckless as hell, threw everything to the bushes after that reunion on The View a few years ago. But it would make an interesting show, not this one obviously, if there was a reckless ex husband of a semi-regular actress whose all on the gram doing videos like this.

:mjlol:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

After leaving "The View" behind for her Disney Channel roots, the cable TV network ordered a "That's So Raven" spin-off to series, titled, "Raven's Home" and of course starring Raven-Symoné.

The comedy will follow Raven (Raven-Symoné) and Chelsea (Anneliese van der Pol reprising her role), who are now divorced single mothers raising their two separate families in one chaotic but fun household full of friends. When one of Raven's kids begins to show signs that they have inherited her trait of catching glimpses of the future, the already hectic household gets turned upside down, keeping even Raven on her toes.

Issac Brown ("Black-ish") and Navia Robinson ("Being Mary Jane") play Raven's 11-year-old twins, Booker and Nia, respectively, and Jason Maybaum ("Superstore") plays Chelsea's 9-year-old son, Levi.

Sky Katz ("America's Got Talent") plays Nia's best friend, Tess.

President and CEO at Disney Channels Worldwide, Gary Marsh said in a previous statement: "There is only one Raven — and for over 25 years, she has blessed audiences around the world with the greatest gift of all — the pure, unadulterated joy of laugh-out-loud funny. After being a part of over 20 different Disney projects, we are thrilled to be bringing Raven home to Disney Channel once again."

"That's So Raven" originally aired on the Disney Channel from 2003-2007. Raven-Symoné won two Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards for her role. The series also was nominated for Best Children's Program at the Primetime Emmys. At the time of its premiere, "That's So Raven" was one of the highest-rated Disney Channel Original programs ever.

Raven-Symoné serves as an executive producer on the spin-off series "Raven's Home" which will premiere on Friday, July 21st on Disney Channel.

Disney has released a first trailer for "Raven's Home" which is embedded below: