Thanks Tyler Perry! Spike Lee must resort to Kickstarter To Get Next Movie Funded

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This is my entire beef with established stars/directors funding their projects off Kickstarter. It's bullshyt. They want everyone else to assume the risk but THEY get to profit. I can see the little indie producer that truly has no access to funds using Kickstarter to get their projects out into the world but you can't tell me that Spike doesn't either have 1.2 million or have personal friends that do or have the ear of decision makers that have it. The problem is that to get that money via traditional means, he has to give up a stake in the project and share the profits. This way, he doesn't. And that's complete and utter bullshyt. This is about greed and nothing more, IMO.

If the end product is good, I'll gladly support by going to go see it. But if you're asking for my money to get it made, then I and anyone else that contributes should become stakeholders and share in the success, just as we'd have to eat that loss if it didn't work.

And Spike is still eating.... he doesn't have to do this and it's nothing he was forced to resort to doing....dude was never this huge, blockbuster director to begin with. He's directing Oldboy and still gets work. This is purely about him jumping on the bandwagon of other people who are trying to get others to pay for their pet projects.

I totally agree with you here. but supposedly one of the rules with kikstarter is you can't even share the profits with the folks who fund the project, which is wack in this instance.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
dont thank Tyler Perry..........thank the millions of bafoons who supported his films and made him a billionare.

Spike gets some blame in this too..............have u seen any of his post 90s movies?

you dont fukk with 25th hour and inside man? both are piff :ohlawd:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
why the fukk should regular people subsidize a millionaire who already has industry connects to make a film. FOH with that bullshyt. these celebs out here fukking up the kikstarter game for the normal folks who don't have the means to get their dream financed.

I've only supported 3 kickstarter projects, Hidden Colors 1, Hidden Colors 2, and now Spike Lee's movie. At the end of the day, I go out of my way to try to support black organizations and businesses who I feel is worth supporting. Spike has made some dope ass movies, most notably Malcolm X and Inside Man. Plus he's from Brooklyn. It's of my opinion that black people should go above and beyond to support each other since history has taught us whites will go out of their way to shyt on us.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just donated $250. How many of you keyboard black militants are gonna donate even $5 :leostare:

Didn't thnk so :pacspit:
I will donate. I don't know why all the posters are hating on Spike... but first off... Malcolm X the movie brought more light to 'the Man' in recent times than anything else... Second, Spike has made a Ton of good movies, and his messages are pretty good. Also, out of any movie I've seen- She hate me had the ending I wish I could have in real life.

We've supported T Perrys c00n shows with billons of dollars, why not support Spike aka one of the best we have? Perry only had like 2 movies that were good and weren't sell out over the top exploitation films.

People saying that he should use his own money. That's not how this works. He's used his own money in the past but honestly it's sad that we can only support things by asking the artist to use his own money up front. I guess he has to dress up like a woman and tapdance and make nikkas suck him off to get our support :snoop:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I will donate. I don't know why all the posters are hating on Spike... but first off... Malcolm X the movie brought more light to 'the Man' in recent times than anything else... Second, Spike has made a Ton of good movies, and his messages are pretty good. Also, out of any movie I've seen- She hate me had the ending I wish I could have in real life.

We've supported T Perrys c00n shows with billons of dollars, why not support Spike aka one of the best we have? Perry only had like 2 movies that were good and weren't sell out over the top exploitation films.

People saying that he should use his own money. That's not how this works. He's used his own money in the past but honestly it's sad that we can only support things by asking the artist to use his own money up front. I guess he has to dress up like a woman and tapdance and make nikkas suck him off to get our support :snoop:

Cosign breh. nikkas love to complain and point fingers, but very rarely want to do anything about it. They'll bytch, moan, and complain but won't give a second of time and not penny to support shyt.