Thanks Tyler Perry! Spike Lee must resort to Kickstarter To Get Next Movie Funded

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yep

I remember I saw Miracle at St Anna. That shyt was str8 dumpster juce

Cosign. I actually bought it up on Blu-Ray. Let's be honest, Spike ain't have a hot movie since Malcolm X.

EDIT: I forgot he made Inside Man. But you still fukking up Spike :ufdup:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lee is a better director then perry but perry has the business swag locked down

im still waiting for inside man 2

Daps
Reppin
St louis
tyler perry's a fakkit.
2lc7o91.gif

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Veronica Mars got 5 Ms on KS but watch all the c00ns come out and diss Spike for using this. Sad thing is it's gonna be mostly white people funding this movie.

You are missing the point of the outrage. I disagree with the dude who got 5 Million for Veronica Mars, I disagree with ANY established professional getting money off this site. Don't try to turn this into a black man c00ning issue cuz that's not the case with me. The whole point of Kickstarter is to give the little guy a chance to be heard and get his dreams fulfilled. I stated before if Spike wants donations to fund his projects he should create his own website and promote via social media. He has resources the average aspiring filmmaker doesn't. I am an aspiring filmmaker, I've done short films, commercials TV shows etc and have a few backers which is why I'm not on KS soliciting donations. Established professionals need to show some integrity to those trying to get success but no, next Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay will be on their soliciting 50 million for their new films. Hell Kevin Smith backed his first movie, Tyler Perry funded his first couple movies, certain big named actors and actresses have taken pay cuts and even contributed their personal funds to Independent movies with limited capital. He shouldn't use a site such as this to fufill that cause this site is not made for him. 1.2 Million is raised off of other people's money then who gets the profits if it's a major hit?

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
You are missing the point of the outrage. I disagree with the dude who got 5 Million for Veronica Mars, I disagree with ANY established professional getting money off this site. Don't try to turn this into a black man c00ning issue cuz that's not the case with me. The whole point of Kickstarter is to give the little guy a chance to be heard and get his dreams fulfilled. I stated before if Spike wants donations to fund his projects he should create his own website and promote via social media. He has resources the average aspiring filmmaker doesn't. I am an aspiring filmmaker, I've done short films, commercials TV shows etc and have a few backers which is why I'm not on KS soliciting donations. Established professionals need to show some integrity to those trying to get success but no, next Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay will be on their soliciting 50 million for their new films. Hell Kevin Smith backed his first movie, Tyler Perry funded his first couple movies, certain big named actors and actresses have taken pay cuts and even contributed their personal funds to Independent movies with limited capital. He shouldn't use a site such as this to fufill that cause this site is not made for him. 1.2 Million is raised off of other people's money then who gets the profits if it's a major hit?

I'm a businessman so I can't rock with what u saying. Good luck in the film BUSINESS tho.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly believe this is true (or at least WAS true before Spike shytted on him....I don't think he had a good reaction to the Boondocks nikka clowning him, either)

Tyler Perry has all that money but I'm guessing Spike don't want it because it's devil money.....or some other pro-black nonsense like that :manny:
I still believe he would do it even after he clowned him, Tyler Perry just seems like that type of dude.

Yeah, Spike would probably make that excuse even though he took money from guys much more evil.