Texas will always be in other major states shadows for one simple reason

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
San Antonio literally preserves the Alamo which was racist confederate cacs being killed.

And I’ve had trash Mexican food there too

Houston i already omitted out of the discussion
64% of San Antonio identifies as Latino. It’s not a white city, Alamo or not. :unimpressed:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
more power to you. i don't think i've ever spent more than 300 on a meal before and i've gone to some high end places.
It gets real pricey if you do the Omasake or chef's choice tasting menus. They literally bring you out 10 courses. It's kinda crazy. I went to this one hidden spot with my girl, HiddenOmasake or something, where it was in an unmarked building that you literally have to get an invite for. So good. It was her turn to pay, $489 for two people, and it was BYOB. She's a somewhat popular beauty YouTuber so we got the invite from one of her influencer friends. If you want fine dining, Houston has it. I'm still trying to find the best fine dining Italian spot. I tried a few, and they were good, but not Michelin Star good.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
It gets real pricey if you do the Omasake or chef's choice tasting menus. They literally bring you out 10 courses. It's kinda crazy. I went to this one hidden spot with my girl, HiddenOmasake or something, where it was in an unmarked building that you literally have to get an invite for. So good. It was her turn to pay, $489 for two people, and it was BYOB. She's a somewhat popular beauty YouTuber so we got the invite from one of her influencer friends. If you want fine dining, Houston has it. I'm still trying to find the best fine dining Italian spot. I tried a few, and they were good, but not Michelin Star good.
I went to a joint while back and had the most amazing Wagyu steak at a black owned restaurant on the border of third ward. Heaven.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
But you can compare them to cities like Dallas, Austin etc that have similar demographics

It’s literally no excuse for a place that is 25% cac to still be catering to cacs. None. 0.

The power in Dallas is in th suburbs. The Sports teams are in the Suburbs, the businesses are in the Suburbs, the economic growth is in the suburbs.

Dallas influence is in the metroplex not the city itself. You cant say that about Oakland, LA, or Chicago. Oakland has the port, LA has the Hollywood and the port, Chicago has a legit business district and the port.

Power caters to power.

Look at the wealth distribution in that state and you'll find the reason 25% can rule the 75%

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I went to a joint while back and had the most amazing Wagyu steak at a black owned restaurant on the border of third ward. Heaven.
What's the spot? I went to a Wagyu spot and it was amazing too. It might have been Katami actually (Japanese high-end restaurant). Wagyu can be amazing. Me and my girl are gonna try Steak 48 when she gets back. Supposedly they have great Wagyu steak tartar, which I've never tried before.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The power in Dallas is in th suburbs. The Sports teams are in the Suburbs, the businesses are in the Suburbs, the economic growth is in the suburbs.

Dallas influence is in the metroplex not the city itself. You cant say that about Oakland, LA, or Chicago. Oakland has the port, LA has the Hollywood and the port, Chicago has a legit business district and the port.

Power caters to power.

Look at the wealth distribution in that state and you'll find the reason 25% can rule the 75%
That’s the thing bro even the suburbs in Dallas county are minority majority. Black mayors and all. Don’t believe me look up the demographics of the suburbs in Dallas county yourself. Not a single one js majority white.

These nikkas just have no culture

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There are a couple things missing from this discussion.

There is a high Latin population in the state and many of those Latin people aspire to be white or at least be part of the group of "good ones". Those people will strategically connect with vvhites over a long term plan. Example:

1. Poverty class latino uses his Latin community to grow his business or skillset and eventually get contracts with "respectable" vvhite people.

2. He sends his son or daughter to the best schools he can and ensures that person goes to college. This son marries a middle class vvhite woman (preying on that "dark and handsome"/Enrique Iglesias/Antonio Banderas trope) that he met in college or post college at and employer

3. He has kids with her and begins working into vvhite power society under the guise of saying he can represent the Latin base either in marketing, politically, or economically.

4. This man has a kid and because dad has done such a good job getting into vvhite society this son doesn't even feel Latin is a foreign culture of his ancestry and is only to be used when it's time to get elected or take economic advantage of a Latin market. This son is refined by his father to increase the family's power. He is sent to the best schools for networking and eventually goes government (think Ted Cruz).

TLDR the state has a minority population that is interested in joining the ruling class not dismantling or depowering it.
I despise the "aspire to be white" Mexican American class here. Saw this a lot play out in San Antonio.

I've met more liberal and progressive Latinos in Austin and Houston that aren't interested in aspiring to be white tho.

Have no interest in moving back to San Antonio or dealing with those white worshiping Mexicans.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
What's the spot? I went to a Wagyu spot and it was amazing too. It might have been Katami actually (Japanese high-end restaurant). Wagyu can be amazing. Me and my girl are gonna try Steak 48 when she gets back. Supposedly they have great Wagyu steak tartar, which I've never tried before.
I’ll find the name, been a while.

I despise the "aspire to be white" Mexican American class here. Saw this a lot play out in San Antonio.

I've met more liberal and progressive Latinos in Austin and Houston that aren't interested in aspiring to be white tho.

Have no interest in moving back to San Antonio or dealing with those white worshiping Mexicans.
Yup. I’m not saying white aspiring Mexicans don’t exist here in Texas but it’s definitely not all.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can’t imagine not being able to eat good food. The north east probably has the best food of all varieties and they all slap if you go to the right places :wow:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Not being able to find food in Texas. You must be retarded. Texas has various regions. It’s a trash state but the food isn’t one of those reasons. Come to Houston. We are close to Louisiana so we have creole food influence. It’s May so you just missed crawfish season. Get real ass Mexican and Vietnamese. Come on July 4 and get yourself some BBQ. Go to Pappa’s BBQ.

Yeah Pappa's was great!

Next time I'm back in Houston that's a must stop.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
That’s the thing bro even the suburbs in Dallas county are minority majority. Black mayors and all. Don’t believe me look up the demographics of the suburbs in Dallas county yourself. Not a single one js majority white.

These nikkas just have no culture

Breh I live in the North Dallas suburbs. Look at who's making moves out there it's mostly Indians, vvhites, and 3rd gen latins in the process of converting to full cac.